Thought I'd rub it in! LOL!!!!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SkipEye, Feb 11, 2008.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I know Gateway Cats is a 'Missouri' thing, but beings I am a bona-fide member I felt the need to rub it in your faces that SkipEye is fishing Lake Texoma Saturday and Sunday!!! (heck, maybe Monday for a bit too beings as it's a Federal Holiday)

WOO HOO!!!!

To top it off, Big Sam hooked me up with a local dude who happens to be the plant manager for Danny King's. He lives down there and knows his way around. He'll be my fishing partner this weekend, riding in the Cat SASS! I got skippies from Cumberland city, he's got punch bait, plus he knows where they are currently catching shad by the net-full!!!!

Jealous yet? Man, I hope so! he he he (as harold puts it)

Wish me luck!:smile2:

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    See, and you were all worried about missing something up here. Its cold, miserable, and they are experiencing an ice storm. Dont think you are missing too much at all. Go Cats Sass

Glad you are finding some folks to go fishing with Skipeye.

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Darryl, I though you went down there to work.:smile2: Sounds more like a vacation to me! Lol!:smile2: Well, have fun down there, hope you guys tear 'em up. You ain't missing much here. Us guys south of St.Louis are getting pounded with an ice storm right now. This sucks. Hopefully I'll get to go out myself this weekend, but from the looks of things, I'll be sitting here staring at these four walls.:wink:

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Good luck Skipeye, go catch some pigs this weekend. I know I am jealous.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Skip,

Glad yer having fun here in Oklahoma. Just remember, KEYSTONE is the place to be May 29,30, June 1st!!!!!

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    WAH! WAH! WAH! WAH! I HAVE TO GO OUT OF TOWN FOR WORK AND CAN'T FISH!!! :cry:

I remember hearing all this disappointment prior to your departure! :smile2: Now WE should be jealous of YOU!! You've caught more fish this year than anybody else so far that I know, at least here in our parts!

Well.....Reps to ya Darryl for taking all those Lemons and making Lemonade!! Go get 'em buddy!!!

7. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thanks for the well wishes. I actually expected a little more torture.LOL!!!:smile2:

But........I am STOKED!!!!!

You never know how the cards will play out but February is one of the 'good' months to catch a trophy blue on Texoma. Plus having a local guy that knows how to fish it makes it all the better! Big Sam had a lot of good things to say about my fishing partner!

Man, it's like waiting for Christmas to arrive!!!!!! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep this week.

8. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    You're sure to stick another 6 lber!!! Sorry, for a second there I thought I had room to talk.

9. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Dan, I knew I could count on you. Thanks buddy!:smile2:

As a matter of fact, got some fillets in the deep fryer right now coming up. YUM!!!!

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    alright darryl go down there and show em how we do it up here

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    yeah, like catch Mooneye's and freeze em LMAO

12. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Just when I thought you guys were showing some genuine support! What the H-E DOUBLE LL was I thinking?????:eek:oooh:

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Skipeye, Sounds like he's talking about Joe Rosalis. He's a great guy and is Big Sams tournament Partner. He knows a lot about Texoma. I think his father-in-law even striper guides on the lake. Tell him I said hey. Good luck this weekend, Hope ya catch a HAWG!!

14. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Yup!!!! Joe's the guy! He sounded ready to hit the lake!!!! LOL!!!!!

15. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Da_n government employees!:smile2:

16. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    So Darryl's given up on river fishing and had to become a still-water guy.....still water punch bait guy, even.....that's a shame, I thought he was going to make a good river guy. Oh well, 'nother one bites the dust.....:wink:

Just teasin', hate for you to get some good fishing and no sour grapes from the West side:smile2: Hope you guys boat a beast! I'm going to go back to working on my broke-a#$ boat and staring out the garage window at the fresh inch of snow that fell today.......:sad2:

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yep, and we set around and wonder why our taxes are so High, LOL!!! I would much rather see this "Skipjack (I mean Mooneye)" catch'n fool spend it on a fish'n trip, LOL!!! Than some of the other wastefull crap it is spent on!!!!!

18. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

No kidding:roll_eyes:...........Once I spent a ton of money to go meet a bunch of Kentucky boys. Now that was wastin some money! LMAO!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You have to admit "It was a very educational Trip", LMAO!!! So, in reality, it wasn't wasted!!!!:eek:oooh: Heck, Ya'll are even talk'n with full sentences now, LMAO!!!

20. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex

Hope the weather holds out for to get some good fishing in Skip. It's supposed to turn windy and cold this weekend up that way. The lake is huge and when it gets windy, I've seen that lake with 4 and 5 foot swells and even the big boats won't get out.
    I wish you luck with the fishing. Let us know how it turned out.

:big_smile::wink: