Thought I'd never....

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by FREESPOOL, Jul 4, 2009.

1. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Thought I'd never buy a Dodge, or such a large truck for that matter... But I can't help myself!!! Getting a great deal. Can you believe it's getting 23MPG on the highway?? Hope it can handle my pontoon. :smile2: Just wanted to share my new toy. :embarassed:

Attached Files:

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    She's a beauty alright.

3. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice truck! Stupid question...what are all the extra gauges for on the dash/steering column?

4. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    It has an Edge "Juice" performance chip on it. The extra gauges are a Boost and Pyrometer Gauge (EGT). For monitoring the extra power from the chip in different settings so you don't blow up the engine lol.

5. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Very nice truck.

6. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice truck, and you get much better milage than my Durango:smile2::smile2:

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Brand new or used?

You sure that dually can pull the toon?:smile2:

Were all the Ford's and Chevy's out of stock?:wink:

8. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Nice looking truck!! Definitely something to be proud of!!

9. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Nice truck-sharp looking

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

Nice truck Dan.... Can it handle you pontoon???? No, can your toon keep up with the truck???:wink:

I think it'll hold up fine...

11. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    that is one nice truck and my favorite brand. Dont u worry about power my dad has the 2500 with a hemi and it pulls a boat a heck of a lot larger than a pontoon i wish that was my truck:big_smile:

12. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Thanks for nice words! I'm almost embarrased driving it!:tounge_out: It has a 5.9L Cummins diesel in it, I believe the tow rating is 15,500 lbs!!!! With the chip I think it's about 425hp and 800 ft. lbs of torque!!! I think i could pull about 5 of my boats LMAO!!! It is so much more truck than I need. But my boss is offering it to me at a great price. And after comparing what else I could get for the money, its kind of a no brainer.
    My boss has added the performance chip, 5" exhaust, K&N cannon air filter, billet grill, hood scoop, snazzy floor and bed mats... Its leather, heated seats, navagation, infinity sound system... Much more than what I was seeing in my price range. And as my buddy said when I told him it was way to much truck for me.... "thats like having to much money, you can never have to much truck". So here I am with an extremely large truck in my driveway! :embarassed: So just let me know if you ever need a house pulled off the foundation. :smile2::smile2:
    I think the only thing I'll be adding to it is miles, and a big ole' fat Gateway Cats sticker.:cool2:

13. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dan you won't regret it. I had one brand new in 2005. Handed it down to the crew last year and bought a 1/2 ton.:embarassed: Any ways that is one bad a$$ truck. It is simply amazing what a chip can do for those diesel engines. All I will say is "HOLD ON":smile2::smile2: The only thing that sucks is trying to PARK.:eek:oooh: Good Luck

14. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Yeah, I figured out to just take 2 parking spots. Cause if I try and fit in one spot, I have a tire hanging out into both spots next to me actually taking 3 spots. :smile2:

15. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Dan,

I have the same exact truck but mines a 6 speed and it's red. It will pull your boat like it is not even there. Make sure to keep an eye on her because last year I forgot she was there and ran over a piece of rebar sticking out of the curb.......You will love the pulling power of that Cummins...trust me

16. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Congrats on the new "to you" :big_smile:truck.

17. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Congrats on the truck. My dad's got an older cummins with the 5.9 and it's nice pulling the boat with it. Doesn't have know it's got anything back there and still get's 18mpg. I sure like to get a diesel one of these days.