Thought about pulling a JimmyJonny Saturday

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    First drop in the Catmen tourney Saturday and peglegreb hooked a monster. Peg's "old faithful" reel and rod wouldn't turn him from heading deep into the snags. We pondered the situation as the fish was hooked with a Gamakatsu Octopus circle and we could still feel him on the line, hung up. We quickly decided to reel in the other nine rods and work our way back to the snags to get him free. I thought to myself, what would Jimmyjonny do?!!!! :eek:oooh: We were in only 14 feet of water and the plan was coming clear. HOWEVER, when Peg pulled the anchor rope in, I didn't release the bail on the reel quick to let some line out, and the line snapped before we could move back to him! So much for the master plan! Got ME off the hook too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!
    BB in SC

2. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    SORRY TO HEAR THAT BILL! THAT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN A MONSTER! ABOUT WHAT DO YOU THINK IT WAS?? WHAT DID DAVID SAY ABOUT IT?

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    LOL....... Bill, I feel for ya brother. I hope I didn't start a trend of jumping in after fish ; )~ Just be careful if ya ever do, the 50 Lb+ cats are very strong in the water.

I kinda bummed out because I was actually on Hartwell all weekend and I didn't even think about the tourney goin on. Did you guys go to 12 mile landing ? I normally don't fish around there but we happened to have went out there late. I was zipping round in Larry's yellow boat until around 3am. I actually talked to a few folks on the dock and in the parking lot.

Next time you guys are close try to Pm me so I can come meet yas. I don't fish the tourneys but I'm always wanting to meet you folks when I can ; )

-Jim-

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We were at Allison's landing on the Big Pee Dee. I would guess that the fish was 25 to 35 pounds, but we will NEVER know. For our river, that would be a monster. The limb liners have about cleaned up on the HUGE fish. I'm sure there are still a few around.
    BB in SC

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bill now that is funny.:smile2:

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    :big_smile: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

7. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
    My fear of snakes would prevent me from jumping in the water unless i think i have a state record on the hook:embarassed:

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, there's (literally) a moccasin (or some other of our 75 or so species of water snakes) in nearly every bush that hangs out over the Great Pee Dee. Having lived with them all our lives, we don't pay to much attention to 'em. Certainly wouldn't deter me from making a move to free up a nice cat, if the depth, current, and overall conditions were right.
    BB in SC

9. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I SECOND THAT EMOTION, I MEAN MOTION!!!! The snakes can have their territory, I'll stay put in the boat...

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bearfrog1 wont even bait his own hook.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I'll bait it with anything but something that resembles a snake.
    Just for the record...