those whom have gone before us

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rythymroach, Dec 25, 2008.

1. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    I have to say that there have been moderators and members on the BOC WHO I HAVE VISITED AND FISHED BESIDES WHO SADLY ARE NO LONGER WITH US!
    today I honor their memory and say to, tinboat, unclesci fi, jpb, bad karma, and others who I do not see like abilene that I remember you all and appreciate the hospitality they showed me, the instruction the gave me, the confidence they shared with me, and the laughter they wrought in my life.
    The BOC is like a string theory phenomenon. when you come here a small string develops between you and the rest of us, as time passes that string weaves itself into a chain, that cannot be broken or severed unless we sever it ourself.

It is to my own remorse that I did not have a chance to say goodbye to those who have gone before us but just like that string today I feel them all still tugging at my memory and heart.

FISHING BESIDE TINBOAT AT PICKWICK TAUGHT ME ANIMPORTANT LESSON! he would keep a gun by his side< one by his tackle box< two under his seat and one strapped across his chest!!
    hE TOLD ME ONE NIGHT IN TENNESSEE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE INDIANS ARE COMIN SO CIRCLE THE WAGONS AND PROTECT THE STRINGER AT ALL COSTS!! ROTFLMAO

TO ALL THE BOC MEMBERS WHO HELPED MAKE THIS PLACE SO GREAT I TOAST YOU TODAY AND WILL REMEMBER YOU ALWAYS!!

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great post/tribute. I agree. Thanks. Reps.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good post. All my life it seemed like i was too late or too stupid to say and do what matters most. Family and friends are God's greatest gift.

4. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States

I who fancy myself a smooth talker cannot add one iota to this statement!
    truth is truth is truth!!! kudos

5. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Hey Roach, long time no see. We were wondering where you got off to. It is good to see you posting again buddy. We have lost a bunch of our wonderful friends here and miss them a lot. Philip Gaines (DeltaLover) is another of our friends who has gone on before us. We have wondered where Jackie (Abilene) was but keep hoping he will pop back in one day to say hi. Badkarma (Jim Faulkner) is still around but living with his daughter, I believe.

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Hey Roach, welcome back. Good to see ya posting again

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I'm not real good at words but will have to agree with everything that is said.Great post.They will always be in our memories

8. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    hey Jim yep it's me lol! good to hear from you and thanks for the update.

9. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    Hey Wolf thanks a lot Bro. it's good to to be back!!

10. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    I HAD TO RETURN TO THIS THREAD TODAY TO SAY A FEW MORE WORDS!

BOC MEMBERS WHO HAVE PASSED ON, THAT I MET PERSONALLY, OR WORKED WITH, FISHED WITH, OR POSTED WITH LIVE ON IN MY HEART.

IN SOME WAYS THE BOC IS LIKE THE MARINE CORPS OF WHICH I WAS A PART OF AS WELL.

BOC MEMBERS AND MARINES BOTH DIE, BUT BECAUSE THE CORP AND THE BOC REMAINS THEIR SPIRIT LIVES ON IN EACH OF US. THAT IS A GOOD THING. I SIT HERE IN TEARS THINKING ABOUT DOUG EGLESTROM (EGGMAN) JUST DISCOVERED HE PASSED A WHILE BACK.
    I FISHED WITH HIM, DRANK WITH HIM, ATE WITH HIM, AND SLEPT IN HIS HOME, HE WAS A REALLY GOOD GUY WITH A GREAT SON!!

FOR EGG, JPB, TINBOAT, UNCLE, AND THE REST I PROMISE I'LL CARRY YOU WITH ME TO EVERY DAM FISHING BANK I EVER WALK ACROSS.

I MISS MY PALS TODAY REAL BAD!!:sad2:

SEMPER FI TO THE CORP AND THE BOC

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you so much,greater words,wonderful words.This is what the boc is for me. I commend you greatly.:smile2:

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you so much,greater words,wonderful words.This is what the boc is for me. I commend you greatly.:smile2: