Those Old Westerns

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Jan 5, 2010.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    How many of these Old Westerns you remember?

I remember most all of them, except Tom Mix, Buck Jones, Hoot Gibson and a few others. Saw most of the old ones at the Saturday afternoon picture show. Cost 9 cents back then.

This may have been posted before but I like the music. LOL

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I Enjoyed that trip down memory lane...

3. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    2 full length westerns, cartoon, and 10 min. of previews, popcorn, soda, and Jujubes for a buck.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Watched a bunch of them growing up. too bad there aint any new ones being made these days.

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have seen hundreds it seems , my father used to love them all and we had to watch them also....lol

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We recorded several "Have Gun Will Travel" and watched ole Paladin last night. We commented on how we remembered him on TV when we were little. We enjoy going back in time and watching the Good Shows. Like the Statlers sing in their song how the screen is filled with sex.It's so nice to be able to turn the channel and see good clean shows.~~Sister Pat:Happy:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    They didn't sell drinks or candy at our picture show. Sack of popcorn was a nickle. Show Price was 9 cents for age 12 and above. The owner started giving me a hard time by not believing my age when I was 10. I went to the domino hall and told my dad. After he had a talk with the owner I could have got in for 9 cents till I was 15. Funny, I don't remember the adult price, think it was 35 cents?

8. CBurns87

CBurns87 New Member

State:
    Topeka Kansas
    I watch them with my Gpa, I love all the john wayne ones....my fav is the Cowboy!!!

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dayton, that was great! Man there were a lot of cowboys! I couldn't place some of the names, but if they were on TV after 55 I must have seen them, I don't think I ever missed a western on Saturday morning, lol :cowboy:

10. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    haha, i love the movie SHANE. lol wonder why?