Thomas hill

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by mocatman, Jun 2, 2009.

1. mocatman

mocatman Guest

I was thinking about hitting thomas hill up here soon was wondering if anyone knew much about it. I have tore up some wipers there before but never tried any cats.

2. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    There's a lot of small channel cat to weed through, but an occasional flatty of good size can be caught. I've fished it a couple of times this year with no luck (not even a bite), but a friend of mine has caught several 1 to 3 pound channels on many occasions this year. GOOD LUCK!!!

3. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Whipers and crappie are your best bet, but like Jim said, an occasional large flatty is caught. I've seen an 18# channelcat caught there once, but it was the only channel over 1 or 2 pounds I've ever seen caught there. The fiddlers are THICK. When I say fiddlers, I mean they can be weighed in grams or ounces. Micro-cats, lol.

4. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    yeah like everybody else said lots of dinks, but the nice thing about it is not a lot of other ppl around and at night u pretty much have the whole lake to yourself which is pretty nice to me. there r big flattys in there though and the wipers r definately a blast to catch. have been having a lot of trouble finding shad here recently might be trying a lil to late in the evening (hour or two b4 dark) though. good luck if u give her a go