Thomas Hill report

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by duckalot, Feb 1, 2009.

1. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fished T Hill yesterday. Fishing was tough to say the least. Power plant was really running the water. Took 4-6 ounces of weight to hold in the discharge canal. We caught a half dozen little Channel Cat and no Striper's. Shad guts and Shrimp was the bait of choice, also had shad sides and whole shad. Lake is really muddy this year and as always Windy!!! It was good to be in the boat yesterday and to be fishing but my next trip will be on the Mo. or Osage river.
    :embarassed:
    Good Luck everyone!

2. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Fished Thomas Hill on sunday and only caught a couple of fish with one nice channel kitty! Used cut shad in the main lake at about 25 ft....and yes it was windy.

3. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the one Cat Joe, I think the wind blows there when it doesn't blow any were else. I have never tried to drift that lake for cats, but you would always have plenty of wind to due so!
    :smile2:

4. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    No kidding! I always check the weather report for Moberly and what ever wind speed they have for Moberly I x2 to give me an idea of how windy it will be at T Hill!

5. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    t hill is actually a lot higher in elevation than everywhere around it which prolly has something to do with that i guess. havent been up there for a while but the fishing there is tough during daytime to say the least. what areas were you guys fishing

6. duckalot

State:
    Missouri
    I fished the warm water channel in four different places from the mouth all the way to the buoys. Was just able to get over the rocks, in fact I bumped my motor coming back out, Luckily I was floating in neutral with my motor raised. I didn't try the main lake, by mid day the wind had really picked up.

7. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    I fished the south part of the lake. We found fish stacked up but not too many feeders. I missed a nice hit but didn't realize the drag on my reel was slacked and that was all the time the fish needed to let go!:sad2:

8. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Rob I know that sound!!! :crazy:

9. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    which rocks did u hit the ones back by the buoys where the tubes use to be? or right at the entrance? one time when i was younger we had to lift the boat up over the rocks to get back into the channel. but that was when they still had the tubes there. u talk about some awesome flathead fishing. it was crazy ppl were catching them with plastic lures and everything. wish it were that easy now. all i was able to catch out of there last year was about 500 dinks and about 10 fish over 6 lbs...the biggest was a 10 lb channel....didnt get one flathead all year. i think with that warm water the fish spawn a lot more or something, because ive never seen so many small channel cats. also i wonder if the stripers r depleting the shad. u can sit there in the boat at dusk and watch those stripers swim around on top of the water and just annhialate shad. the north side of the lake is really good for flattys but u cant take ur boat up to the mouth of the creek/river because it is so shallow all the way back about halfway past t bridge. anyways hope u all can give me some feedback, my boat aint running right now but if any of u guys r thinking bout heading up there any time soon give me a call and id be happy to tag along. my cell is 660-676-1511