THIS WILL HAPPEN RIGHT IT YOUR BACK YARD

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Steve Douglas, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    guys ive posted this befor and will prolly post it several more times through out the year, but i cant stress enough, the importance of this meeting, in 2010. it will be our chance to reveiw and possilbly change some things that will help our industry!

guys take a look at the vid, i think together as catfish anglers we can be heard!

ill be there ! how bout you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CPwbX4X994

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Posted that link in here a few months ago and I know we are going to have a bunch of members there. I personally can't wait to make it to this event. Thanks for the reminder Steve.

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Good Lord willing I will be there. I have been hearing about the possible tournament for 2 years now and I am very excited about this event. And it will be good to see Bill, James Patterson, Phil King, Harold Dodd and all the great catfish anglers I have met over the years.

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm there!

5. Blake Waterworth

Blake Waterworth New Member

State:
    Missouri

ME TOO!!:big_smile:

6. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Looks like ill see you guys there.

7. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
  8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I will Be There!!!! Wouldnt miss it.

9. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i think i might go too. that looks pretty cool.

10. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Im guessin that feller from Kansas will be there too. Whats his name John or something???

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Any plans for a more "formal" participation from the club? Sponsor?

12. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    John Jamison

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Who's John Jamison ; ) lol

14. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    guys this will be great for our sport! and we still have 11 months to think about what we would like express and to see happen for the future of this industry!

what suggestions, concerns or changes would you like to see transpire from this event?

my main concern will be conservation awareness! and setting new limits, whether you jug, trout line,comercial fish, tournament fish or noodle! its all good! but conservation will be the key to preserving our sport!

this will the best time to have your/our voices heard ! the last event of this kind was 10 years ago, and with the growing trend of catfishing , i dont think we can afford to wait another 10 years!

15. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    We are currently trying to get enough signatures together on a petition we will submit to the Missouri Department of Conservation to limit 1 fish per day over 34 inches. I dont think we can afford to wait till next year but it is good to know that this opportunity is coming up. It will serve as a safety net, if you will. We would also like to put some limits on the commercial harvest. But I believe one step at a time is the way to go right now. Sort of take what we can get tactic. We are definately open to suggestions and will certainly take them in to consideration.

16. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I plan on attending. I am bringing a big fat notebook and i am buying the book. Not sure if there will be an open forum here for us common folk but sounds like it is geared towards Catfish Conservation already and that is a good thing.

I'll take vacation and attend it all if I can get Piperat to split expenses.:wink:

17. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Skip, I plan on attending this if I can take vacation time then. :wink: