This weekends Storm

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by ssskinner27, Sep 29, 2008.

1. ssskinner27

ssskinner27 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    Did any of you guys get to go out before or during this storm this weekend?
    Did you guys have any luck man the rain really soaked the shit out of my house and the streams were way up. How about you guys did the fish bite well or will it be better when the rivers go down

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I have seen this question asked a few times.

I don't catch catfish very well during high water. I think when the river is high and over its bank, that boat fishermen have an important advantage.

There are many people on this board that seem to have figured out how to catch them under these conditions.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    that being said, the west PA guys didn't get a big storm. a few sprinkles and a release of water from the kinzua dam (major dam along the allegheny river).

so I spose I will have to keep on shopping for reasons why the last two times have been so slow.:smile2:

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i was out friday nite in the rain and it was horrible, i didn't get a single run, my buddy only got one small #8 flatty and that was it for the nite, completly different from the past two friday nite's fishing was great even two weeks ago in the rain the bite was steady, i thought it had something to do with this storm being a nor-easter and it shut the bite down, someone once told me storms from the east fishings the least, storms from the west fishings the best, i don't know but that held true for me that nite

4. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I did pretty well this weekend.

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I am anxious to see how I do this weekend though. A friend of mine is comming to visit with his boat on Sat. I am going to go hunting with my dad and then come home and then leave to go fishing. I think it would be cool if I shot a nice buck, then caught a nice Flathead in the same day.

6. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    I think it would be very cool too! Good luck & hope you score on both!

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    hope ya get some horns, and some big whiskers, ken do u ever sleep?:worship:

8. nicdicarlo

nicdicarlo New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvani
    Good luck Ken!

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    And remember to bring me deer meat!