This weekend's Fishing

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ramon06, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Bad weekend for me. I hadn't been fishing in a few weeks so I hit my spot on the Appomattox thursday night from 10:30pm-3am and only caught 2 fish. Around midnight I caught a 2lb Blue on Eel chunk that was very long but had no size at all, about 1:00am I caught a 34lb Blue on a BlueGill head. It was a nice fish and the last one I caught. Went back Friday night from 8pm-midnight and got skunked. My friends didnt wanna stay long that night and lately they havent been hitting until midnight so I may have missed out on some good fish. Didnt go Saturday or Sunday, was too intoxicated lol :sad2::angry::confused2::embarassed::tounge_out::smile2::crazy::big_smile: Went to my favorite spot at Dutch Gap yesterdat from 4pm-8pm and got skunked again :sad2: I dont know whats going on lately but I guess I cant take breaks like that anymore. Well the weather was screwy yesterday so I should've known. The gills and sunfish were bitin crazy at my little local lake, probably should've just stayed there and fish for Cats and bass there. Oh well I go on vacation next weekend to Chicago and Texas so I look forward to reading you guys' stories while im gone and hopefully I'll catch a few biguns on Stillhouse Resevoir while im in Texas.

2. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ramon hope you have a safe and enjoyable vacation!! Good luck with your fishing in the other parts of the country!!!

Randy

3. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I fish at Bryan park for my little fish. What local lake are you near. It's hit or miss at best for me when it comes to even the little fish.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Ramon good luck on the fishing it will be picking up real soon.

5. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Its a lake connected to my apartment complex in Chester for our residents. Got some nice fish in it. I caught a 15lb Channel, 50lb Grass Carp and a 40lb Snapping turtle out of it last year, not to mention plenty of sunfish, perch, large mouth bass, bullheads, crappie, Eels and Chain pickeral. This summer I have added at least 30 blues and channels ranging from 5-34 lbs. The biggest being my 32lb Flathead and a 34lb Blue I put in friday morning and that 25lb Channel I caught last month. Although the gills have been a little harder to catch lately, I'm assuming I put too many big fish in their :eek:oooh: I hope not, I should've know better but its a pretty decent sized lake I didnt think they would affect it that much so soon. I still catch plenty but they arent just swarming the shallows like they used to, I guess they are more cautious or hiding now