This week

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by pendog66, Aug 3, 2009.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    This week Steve and I are starting from zero. Every year we have a contest to see who catches the most fish by weight. Up until the last two weeks Steve had a commanding 100 pound lead. But im happy to announce that i have caught up,. This week his wife is out of town, starting wednesday we are starting a 3 day marathon fishing trip. Only taking time off to sleep and eat. Hopefully the rain holds off and we can have a great 3 days of fishing. Who knows, if its that good it might turn into a until they stop biting trip. Will post back each day, hopefully we will have a bunch of pics to post:smile2:

oh and almost forgot, Steve :0a37:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  2. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Had one of those not too long ago, and I'm still feeling the pain from it.
    My sleep pattern is totally destroyed. :smile2: Good luck, get some hawgs!

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i know what you mean, during fishing season i dont think i have a true sleeping pattern

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Red Bull and cigarettes are the only thing that keep me moving in the summer. :smile2:

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee

:smile2: Like the end of your post.. LOL. Anyway yeah heck throw the raincoats on.. might make fishin even better. Let us know the results.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I wish you an Steve the best of luck an may the best man win! Wait a best man is for a marriage right? Ah shucks fish on guys good luck!

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    2 inches of rain in 2 hours..... this sucks:angry:

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Ah rain, shmain,

Fish your butts off guys. Be safe...W

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    oh we will still fish:big_smile:, it just changes the game plan a little bit

10. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Well last night was the first night of the marathon trip. And how did it suck, we would have runs but were only short bursts. Steve did manage to catch a 5 pound carp on a piece of cut bait bigger than a golf ball. We called it quits around 2 because it was slow and didnt want to waste good bait on a slow night. Tonights trip will hopefully be better, i think it had to do with the low front moving through early yesterday afternoon. will post back tomorrow

11. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hey thanks for takeing the time to post and keeping us up to date on you r 3 day fish off, where are you 2 fishing? you guys be safe and enjoy it out there

12. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    well last night capped off the worst 3 day fishing trip ive had in a long time. The Storms that moved in wednesday really had things out of whack, the pressure was never below 30 and last night it was 30.18. I managed a 5 pound flathead around 2am and got a couple other small channels. I will be going to VA this week to get some blues and to continue my every summer battle against sharks. Hopefully it will be better after this past week