This weather is bumming me out!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by bluecat junkie, Mar 3, 2007.

1. bluecat junkie

bluecat junkie New Member

State:
    missouri
    My reels are spooled with 50lb powerpro, the boat is gased up and the throw net is in good shape. The only thing not ready is the darn weather. Cold, Windy and snowing in Columbia, MO. The weather is suppose to warm up over the next few days though and with that maybe the fishing will warm up. I plan on hitting the Missouri River as soon as the weather cooperates and chasing some big ol' blues.

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    You ain't a kiddin' I am sitting here depressed cause of this weather. There just isn't much to do when its freezing cold outside and the wind is blowing 40mph. It seems like the only nice days are during the week, and when the weekend comes, old man winter is back again. Hopefully it will warm up for next weekend so I can get a line wet.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Well, you could always get laid off your job like I did and then you'd have all the free time you needed during the week... :roll_eyes:

I'll be out on Truman Lake and/or the Missouri River at least 2 or 3 times next week.

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I, too, was planning on fishing this weekend. Today is definitely shot. We'll see if mother nature cooperates for us tomorrow.

5. SlowPoke

SlowPoke New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm singing that song Stranded in Iowa with lots of snow and 40+ winds last two days. :sad2: hang in there gmvk30 the wether mans calling aroud 50* this next week.

6. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Yeah, my fishing partner has been stranded in Idaho for the past six days up in the mountains, while driving over the road. He said they got almost 75 inches of snow and he called this morning and said that he was trying to find an alternate route home because the whole southwest corner of Iowa/Missouri had been shut down due to the snow. Im ready for SPRING to finally arive. Marty, I will hopefully be out on the water this week. I work staight midnights so when I get off game on!

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I hear that! can you say Cabin fever! lol :tounge_out:

8. SlowPoke

SlowPoke New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The last i new interstate 35 north of Des moins is still shut down. the snow is starting to melt but not fast enough.:crazy:

9. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    hopefully this will be the last of the real cold weather. I think Im gonna go fishing anyways. its snowing but I dont care. im just too anxious to get out there.

10. stressedcat

stressedcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    I keep saying I'm going fishing but blizzards and high winds are keepng me off the river bank here in white cloud.I drive along the river going to work and back and it's gettin full, nearly 10 ft @ st joe, looks better than that here. Won't be long and we will be drownin worms and other baits. Can't wait to here how well all you are doing on or out of the river. My wife bought me for valentines day a 24 rod, rod rack from BPS. I guess until I can go fishin I'll work at fillin it up:big_smile: .

Great fishin all you who fish, and support fishing.

Kirk

11. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    It has to eventually warm up - doesn't it??!??

12. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    haha dont feel bad. I didnt go out today either even though I said I was goin to. but tommorow is set in stone :smile2:. still dont have the money to get a cast net yet so I dont know what I will do for bait. maybe ill take a little pole with some hot dogs and a bucket to a small pond or something and catch some bluegill. is there a trick to catching bluegill and sunfish in the river?? I dont think Iv ever anything in the river besides catfish,carp,drum and buffalo. and a few curious snapping turtles lol

any tips on a good way to get some baitfish without a net?