This swam by the boat.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by zappaf19, Nov 14, 2007.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    We were fishing Lake Freeman (IN) and this deer swam by our boat!
    Bill

Attached Files:

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    A couple more. The 1st place it tried to get out was to tall. We kept our distance so we did not scare it.
    Bill

Attached Files:

3. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    ive seen whole groups of them swim across rivers down here. kool pics bro. its a trippy site aint it?

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Cool pics,nice to have a digital handy....only seen 1 once many years ago.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    row row row your deer gently down the stream....marily marily marily marily they're tasty in my bbq

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    So, if ya get one of them on a 8/0 circle, do ya have to use a doe tag :wink: :smile2: very cool pics, what a memory to have. thanks for sharing.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    We fish a refuge area and have seen them swimming quite a few times. It always surprises you though when you see it, thanks for sharing the pics.

8. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
  9. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I had an occasion 30 plus years ago, that a deer was trying to swim the Mississippi River about 10 miles down stream from here. We was out mushroom hunting, and this deer was trying to get from Illinois, to Missouri. A button buck, anyway he was just about done in, and we motored up alongside of him, and I grabbed it's ears, and we towed it the rest of the way across. I think that deer had some gratitude in it's eyes. Anyway a long story shortened, we went back to mushrooming, and found a bunch on the islands. Thanks for the pics, and the memory flashback. Later Andy

10. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Neat pictures, I enjoyed them

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I wonder what pound test it would take to haul that one in?lol In the pic she looks like hey dont mind me just out for a little swim,just passing threw lol.cool pic thanks

12. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    This year I watched a doe cross the Mississippi River from Illinois into Missouri. It was a pretty neat thing to see, she must have had it pretty bad over there to make that swim.

13. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Always a neat sight to see. Thanks for sharing the pics!

14. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've see it before, but it's not something one would see every day! Just when the "biologists" think they have it all figured out ... ...:crazy::confused2::embarassed:
    Just goes to show ya.:smile2:
    I believe that is WHY it's called WILDlife!
    Thanks for sharing. :big_smile:
    Fraternally and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[End of Post]]]]]

15. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Great looking pics, thanks for sharing.

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bill, thanks for the excellent pictures!

I had a similar thing happen couple years ago. Happen to look down at our dock and there was 5 deer swimming towards it from the lake. I panic, made too much noise running back in the house for the camera. Time I got back with the camera 4 of them were headed back out in the lake. One got out, come up here by the house and laid down. It must been tired and confused for it never got up for quite a while. I posted some pictures but the one in the water wasn't as good as yours.

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing the pics.Enjoyed. Had this to happen one other time.

18. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    We watched one crossing the Illinois River once. We were the only boat out on that stretch of the river when we saw him. I was amazed at how fast they are able to swim.

Two boats came around the bend and I thought for sure we were going to have some problems. I just figured for sure that they were wanting to antagonize that deer. Nope, they were just as thrilled to see it as we were. We set up a deer crossing area and made sure that all other boats stayed clear of it until safe. LOL!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Brought back some good memories.

Tony
    _

19. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Thanks go out to the mod that moved these from the deer section to here.
    Bill

20. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Great pics thanks! Never know what your going to see out on the water, that's what makes it fun...:big_smile: We once were fishing on the AL river and had an orphaned baby bobcat come running to our boat crying when we stopped for a break on shore....