This should get you fired up!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by JBrooks, Aug 10, 2009.

1. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
  2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'd like to rake my hands accross her lungs and see if she likes it. :angry: Now ya done it. Ya went and got me fired up. I hope theres enough lead and mercury in that fish to make em both sterile. :angry:

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like some of the comments that was left...Some people will just never, ever GET IT!

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I cant wait for Rollo to see these, he is gonna go off the deep end.

5. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't see anything wrong with that video. They caught a fish, they kept the fish on a stringer until they were ready to leave. It was their fish, so I cannot get mad at them for keeping what i assume to be a legally caught flathead. If it was me, i would have let him go, but it wasn't me. That was a really nice fish. CPR isn't for everyone.

6. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    Yeah pretty pathetic, the first one's definitely gone. Then on second one, she herself says he's not gonna make it and then talks to it like it's a baby. Give me a frickin' break man.:angry: How do you know they were gonna eat 'em?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    My comments can't be expressed here at the site sorry guys an gals.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glenn I know how you feel man.:angry:

9. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    They have another video showing the 82lb fish being released, but it's been out of the water so long, I don't know.... It looks dry as leather to me. I don't have a problem with keeping them on a stringer, in a livewell, a hog trough, whatever, to keep them until you release them. BUT, you just CAN'T keep them out of the water so long that they dry out.:angry:

In another thread, we were talking about whether or not we think that there's a 100lb flathead in the Ohio River. I don't know where that fish was caught, but with proper CPR, a fish like the 82lb'er would eventually hit the 100lb mark. Handling fish like they do in the video is one BIG reason that huge flatheads are so rare in the first place.:angry:

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I for one can see and understand the "They caught it legal" arguement. Don't have to like it but I see it. Maybe its about time we addressed the word "LEGAL" Then again why bother. We are dealin with humans and I use that term loosely so it more than likely won't make a difference. :sad2:

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If you look at all of the comments he says that he turns it loose

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Looks like a few great meals,I don't know about some of you guys,

13. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I do agree if letting the fish go was there thoughts they should have handled it alot better. Especially not grabbing it by the gills. Take a look at some of the pics on here its happening here as well. Happy fishing to everyone

14. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    I personally would not have kept the fish. But I also respect other peoples rights. Face it not everyone believes in CPR and thats their choice. I try to teach people CPR is best for all our fishing future. Making a comment about hoping that there is enough lead and mercury in them to make them sterile is totally wrong. BOC should not tolerate such remarks.

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Read all of the replies he turns them loose there are only 80 or so replies when you click on read replies go to the top and he says a couple of times that he turns them loose in the lake that he caught them. When you get to the bottom or newer ones it is where people have not read that he lets them loose.

Im sorry but you guys are harping on this guy for nothing (albeit he may be carting the fish around which I could tell you if he is or isnt) but he is turning them loose if you can take his word for it.

16. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I don't mind a bit if someone keeps some fish for a good ole' fish fry. Not at all, I truly do LOVE to eat some fine, fried catfish. :smile2:

My only issue is the handling of the fish itself. I admire his intent to release those monsters so that they can be caught again. :big_smile:

BUT, if the fish is half dead before he lets it go, chances are it isn't going to survive.:sad2:

17. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Mike you are absolutely right. I apologize if it offended you. How about their hair falls out instead,

18. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    goes right with what i was telling you last night doesnt it:angry:

19. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i think everyone should give him negative rep:smile2:

20. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    ok yeah look at the comments ok he said he relaeases them so why was the cunt throw the one in boat :wink::wink::wink: she trying out for weightlifting and he was releasing where in a scum lake hmmm that is good question :confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2: