This really sucks!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by bownero, Jun 22, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'm unable to attend the gathering this weekend. I just found out that my father-in-law has LUNG CANCER and LIVER CANCER too. I find it in my best interest to stay with my family and attend to my father-in-laws needs. My wife KIM has taken this hard, and I will be by her side too. I'm thinking this weekend my family and myself will be going to the cabin and relax. "Lyle" >"father-in-law", needs some R & R to get his mind off of the health related issue! Family first in my book!! Anyhow BOC members, if all goes well, I would like to see if we could plan another gathering in the month of August if possible!! Any ideas, I'm all eyes and ears!! I"m sorry for the short notice, but this sort of thing happens sometimes. I called Big Vic and Wil and told them the situation. Hoping all goes well with Lyle and I will keep in touch with you guys.

Thanks and go catch some big fish at Branched Oak. Let's see some pics of the fish and the attending members!!

Take care.
    Mark.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Mark your right family come's first ..And your family is in my prayer's.

3. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Prayer sent to you and your family.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Waged a successful-so far-battle with colon cancer this time last year so I know how it can affect family. My prayers are with you and family and I pray that your father-in-law has a complete and speedy recovery. Research has made great strides and new methods to arrest and treat cancer are being made. As a family, close ranks and remain positive and supportive and keep the Faith in God and doctors. Stay safe and may God speed!!!

5. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Sorry to hear about your father in law.I hope he gets better.

6. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Dude sorry to hear about your father in law. My dad survived neck cancer and my mom died from brain cancer so I know how both sides of the coin feels. Tell you wife I'm praying for her father and I hope all goes well for you guys. Good luck.

7. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    mark sorry to hear the news......I was gonna call you 2nite and talk about the trip anyways no big deal hope everything works out....frankie b

8. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks for th phone call Mark Hope all go's well Famly first for sure !! Looks like we both read out of the same book !! Take care

9. sprite_som

sprite_som New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    Sorry to hear about your father in law, my prayers go out to you and your family. Family first is right. The water is always wet, so there's always plenty of time for fishin.