this really bothers me.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Apr 27, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last weekend I walked in to one of my fishing spots and this is what I found.

16- empty beer bottles

3-blankets

5- chicken liver containers, half full and rotting.

Many empty snack food containers, pop bottles, and discarded fishing line everywhere.

I know I am preaching to the choir as most people on this site are not slobs, but I really want to expload on people when they do stuff like this.

No respect for nature or the sport at all and they should not be allowed to enjoy the great outdoors.

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    This has been touched on before all we can do is try to stop it from speading and if we see someone leaving their trash may suggest they pick it up I got to say it would be fun to put it in their front yard if we could find their home

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Set some human traps. Pits with sharp sticks etc. Get creative. LOL! I for one am a little sick of the "Lets try to educate them approach" They are what they are and it ain't gonna change.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thats not even a fraction of the CRAP that was at the Coal Grove, Ohio Boat Ramp last week. There was tons of trash, pretty much all you said, broken glass everywhere(couldn't even let the dog down!), NEEDLES!!!, tires, wheels It was an unbelievable MESS!!!!! It made me so angry and upset. Needless to say, I left there pretty quick. I didn't have any trash bags with me but they would have been pointless. You'd needed a roll back 15-20' dumpster to get everything if not another!!!!!:angry::angry::angry::sad2::sad2::sad2::confused2::embarassed:

The Ironton, OH boat ramp was pretty trashy but not as bad! I ended up going home after those 2 places. I just wasn't in the mood the rest of that day!!!:sad2:

Some of the CRAP had washed down river when it was flooded and ended up on the ground after the river went down. Still thats no dam excuse for all that CRAP!!!!! I'm ticked right now thinking about that....GRrrr!!! :[

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Sometimes ya just cant fix stupid.:angry:

6. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    We have a fellow named Chad Pensomething from Rock Island, who makes trips up and down the Mississippi and other rivers promoting river clean up. He has a barge that he fills up, and then he attempts to sell it to recyclers. This is an all volunteer thing. He is a river nut who got tired of all of the trash just like the rest of us. When he first started coming around, I thought it'd just be another flash in the pan, but this guy is sincere about the environment, and is making an effort. We have a clean up day around this area even when he's not around. Looks as if there is going to be a bunch of stuff around here, with the flood and all. Anyway we have a crew of prisoners that is assigned to the city to do community service, and they are actually doing a good job. I know there is no easy answer, but talking about it is a start. Later Andy

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I know all too well what you mean brother...I hate to pick up other people's crap...someone actually had the nerve to throw a used pamper in the back of my truck earlier this year!:angry:

8. chris dornbusch

chris dornbusch New Member

State:
    iowa
    THATS MESSED UP..............Peaple kill me ,No respect for anything.Like Ozzy said,you cant fix stupid.

9. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    people are always gonna do stupid crap like that, but if i may say so without sounding bad, here in illinois there are employees of idnr that get paid to pick this stuff up off the ground. i myself never leave any junk where i fish.

10. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Yes it is sad. But all we can do is pick it up if we dont see the culprits in action.
    Shouldnt have too but someone has to be responsible. It doesnt take that long to fill a kitchen garbage bag. If everyone would start doing this it could only help.:big_smile:

11. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    those kind of people are just lazy there house is probaly the same way full of trash

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey I agree with you its a shame that some people dont have any more respect for nature than that, I think if someone takes trash on the lake then they should least take a bag with them and clean up after there selfs, not only does it look bad but its giving people the idea that its ok to liter because other people are doing it and it aint right, thanks for the post and sorry to hear about your spot.

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm with Big George in this one, take them out, education just doesn't work on the i'l litter it. The ones caught should be castrated to stop the blood line.:angry:

14. fishing bum

fishing bum New Member

State:
    Victoria Texas
    Stupid is stupid does. People like that do not have respect for any thing. What do you expet from someone that does not have any respect for themselfs. Just makes things hard on those that have respect for themselfs and others.

15. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Have to agree with big George on this, they are what they leave behind...cant fix stupid.

16. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    what upsets me is the pure ignorance and laziness. in some of the places i fish there are trash cans nearby and yet they are almost always empty and there is still trash all over. we end up cleaning up and return the next time to more of the same. what a shame .

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This is very offensive to most all of us. There is really nothing we can do about it except set a good example and be the better person. I reccommend all of us taking at least one bag of trash with us when we leave. I have even been known to pull the boat onto bank to clean up a spot. Lets all lead by example and it normally has a positive effect on the masses.