THIS NEW SITE IS RAD....

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by gilmafam, Jan 22, 2010.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    THIS NEW SITE IS RAD....

I'm sure some of you liked the "old site."

I was use to an "old site" back when I joined

......and the changes back then were for the better....

But now, when I have seen a problem as I checked the various sites many times each day....... its seems to be much better within a few days or so.....

I like to participate in the "inside stuff" that is for "Members Only".

The various contests make it fun and it all starts with a contribution to the United States Catfish Association.

There is a "google map" of the location of members in the US...... Look how empty California is....

I have enjoyed the videos and information that is just a click away..... but my computer is fast....so you folks may have to just click and see what you are missing....

PS....Maybe we will get the old collection of "icons" back or one system that is even better.

The price of a tub of bait.......and your in....

Oh wow..... just got my membership goodies in the mail....... a hat that Robb will wear all the time....even Catman Cali..... and Fred........a beanie with a USCA emblem.....

And.... a memorial coin....... look nice..... collector item.....

And then there is a necklace "Dog tag thing".......Cute charm... "Taking individual Responsibility"....CPR

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Them member packages got to be cool, I was kinda wanting one, but just couldn't meet the time and amount. Well, I donated, hope to do better next year. I get lots of info and help from here and able to impart some also occasionally. I reckon its worth that. Hope to get a cap for summer.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    There are member kits available.

4. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Member kits are nice.... I do not wear beanies anymore.... but I got a "Mendota boy" that will get mine.....I have so many ski caps from the skiing days........ I like ball caps more these days....

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Change is often hard at first. I been through several changes here on BOC. It just takes time. Even for me....lol But all the changes I have been through here on the BOC have been for the better.
    The "California Boy's" are a growing, So get on board for a hell of a ride in 2010.......:handshake:

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I am with ya on that brother Robb

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    OH YA! I KNOW SOME ONE FROM THE CALIFORNIA BOY'S WILL WINN THE CLEAR LAKE DERBY! I KNOW SOME CALIFORNIA BOY'S WILL BEAT THERE PERSONAL BEST THIS 2010! I KNOW THAT A LOT OF DREAMS WILL COME TRUE THIS YEAR! I KNOW THAT 2010 WILL BE A YEAR TO REMEMBER FOR BOC ( USCA) OH YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. gilmafam

State:
    California

I agree with you Robb.....We have water now.... and its not much but it sure will help your area for sure....

I think that with the recent "Blue". catch on the "San J" , that there are going to be more big fish caught ....

Didn't they just catch a big channel on the "San J"?

It sure looks vacant and empty on the map boys..... Two of us in California...one in WA one in AZ....

Look at the map....... boy, East of us is where the representation is

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...272689,-93.076172&spn=45.969751,93.076172&z=4

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Yep, the last weeks rain and snow fall in the hills helped out us here in Central California. The pumps at the Delta will still not be turned on due to the smelt :( No mater how much rain we get. Need to get them damp delta pumps back on to save our farm land! anyway, The rain still helped.

Yep the map looks bleak. I will throw some money toward USCA one of these days. Don't have enough to send for the "package" that is $40 bucks. Pretty broke but can always scrounge up $10 bucks. Heck that is a 12 pack of beer, 2 cans of chew, a trip to Mcdonald....lol.
    If you get anything from this site, I would encourage all California Boy's to donate at least $10 buck this 2010. With $10 you get in all the free contest for some kick ass prizes! The info and brothers and sisters we meet and the friendships we gain is worth atleast $10 bucks....Don't you think?????????

10. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    change is hard but sometime you got to do what you got to do what up the califorina boy is growing put it soon we going to have all the fishing hole so what up bro how you being doing we almost there

11. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    a bro how you being doing to you no i like the rain so i hope that we get alot of rain so the water can have some good fishing for catfishing and sturgeon fishing

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    We are almost there Robert.... almost time to hook them sturgeon:waiting:

13. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    a brother i can not take it no more it going to be a good day and a nice video for youtube so we are try to get everone coming in and seting up they gear and pole i'll ging to try to get the sturgeon trip and mendota slough trip so we can put it on so we can show the cali boys get down

14. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I agree with ya Robert I cant wait for the mendota gathering

15. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    a brother what pump are you talking about is there sturgeon were you talking about or you going to do some fishing up there anytime soon

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Had to bumpthis up.....

17. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Good to bring this up again.... Thank you.... You and Bert are the oldest members still hanging on and encouraging us to continue to promote Cattin and the Brotherhood Experience

We need to get more representaion on the map.... seams as the boys in AZ are in the same mode...

When I think of all that the site offers...you can post without fear of being zapped by bugs.... You can carry on communication with fellow fishermen all over the USA.... So many forums to choose from.... and again it is all safe internet friendly.....

Being part of this BOC has really changed the fishing in my life...... I have met many new friends and have enjoyed camping out and doing the party with them.....

18. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I agree with ya Ray, just listening to ya at mendota i learned a lot!!!!

19. gilmafam

State:
    California

Thanks and reps to Ya Ray

For me..... thats what being in the USCA is .....

A "Brotherhood of Catfishermen".....Sharing the knowledge of our sport...

Not for monitory gain, rather promoting the sport of "Cattin".......

."Selective Harvest, and thinking of the future of our fishing...".

20. Pile drivers

Pile drivers New Member

State:
    California
    What what up so you going to any fishing this or what you doing waiting for the sturgeon trip or don't we got a catfish trip coming up