This mornings catch

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Stevej, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    Spent a few hours at the lake this morning, not much the first 2 hrs., mainly setting up mu new Eagle 480's sense and grayline to suit me. Only had 1 keeper and went looking for some new stumps in about 13 feet of water to load in my GPS. Found 3 and caught 9 more crappie and this strange fellow, guess what I named that stump. All on a 1/8 oz jig head with a chartruse tube, glad he bit the rod with the braid. 25 lbs 2 ozs on my digital scale.

[​IMG]

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25: to the B.O.C. "Stevej"

"Nice mess of fish there"

:0a23:

Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Nice fish again.
    Did you catch them all out of 13ft of water?
    Pete

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Way to go! That's a nice days catch!

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
  6. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    All but one crappie was caught in about 100 yd stretch of creek at about 12 to 13 feet of water on 3 stumps or 3 stumpy places. I was slow trolling 4 rods and he hit one of the middle rods and I still don't know how I got him away from the other rods. Glad I had him on braid. Took a while to get him in.

7. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Nice mess of fish, where do you fish at ? What State ?

8. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    I live in east-central Mississippi next to the Ala. line. The lake is Okatibbee, a 3500 acre Corp Rez. I have caught 4 nice cats while fishing with jigs. A 18 & 27 lb flatheads bassfishing with a jig&pig, plus this one while crappie fishing along with a 60 lb blue that I tail hooked on 8 lb line, this one was with braid, if he had been mouth hooked I'm sure the line would have worn in to as I fought him for over an hour. I didn't want the blue but mu brother-in-law who was with me did and we took it to a deer scale and weighted it. How is that for a fish tale, but it's true. All the big cats were caught in the winter time.

9. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Nice flattie,makes those crappie look like bait!

10. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    What time do we eat? Nice bunch of fish.

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I spiderrig with 8 16ft poles. and love it when one of the middle poles gets a big fish on it . then desides to take out 4 or 5 others with it.
    Pete

12. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    What kind of rig do you use when trolling? Trying to learn a little more about it. Mainly I love to tightline with a pole in each hand but it looks like in winter with the drawdown and cold water trolling is best. I was out Thursday morning for about 4 hrs. and got waxed by a guy trolling. My 12 volt section of my TM went out and I only had 24 hi and with the wind it was hard to stay still or slow, but I don't think I would have caught a lot anyway. I talked to the guy and he was using some long poles too, my longest is 11', think maybe about 8 poles. He had his limit, 30, and showed me his set-up. 1 jig, crappie nibbles and about a 1/2 oz sinker 12' to 18' above his jig. Said he used up a jar of nibbles each trip and to go as slow as possable and follow a drop-off, keeping your jig right on the bottom. I know about drop-offs, think I have been moving too fast, know I was that day. Got my TM fixed today, it was a switch.

13. Noodlejug

Noodlejug New Member

State:
    st. louis
    Anybody fishing crappie at wappapellow lake mo.? Guy at the boat show said they were tearing them up.

14. Stevej

Stevej New Member

State:
    East-central Mississippi
    The 60 lber was caught in the tail with mono. That flat in the picture was caught with the braid. Don't believe I would have landed him in on 6 lb mono.

15. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    Hey anybody talk to Bulldaddy, been missing him on here.

16. papa-d

papa-d New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sounds like a nice catch...I'd like to see it but something happened to your pic.
    PaPa-D:crying:

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
  18. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Nice batch of fish

19. fishn_maniac

fishn_maniac New Member

State:
    Al
    Didnt get to see the pic but I know that u got a mess of fish.