This morning at the beach

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Went swinging that coil for a few hours this morning. Got 3.10 in coins, help rid the beach of some tourist trash and I found a little ring of poor quality, but still pretty.

I did find an unusual quarter. First one like it too. It's the new Arkansas Quarter. Designed by one of their own, from what I've heard. Yup, two dimes and a nickle held together with duct tape

You'll see it in the pics at the top.The one with the duct tape on it.

As for the ring; there was this little girl that was very curious about what I was doing, so after I found that ring, I looked for her father and asked if it would be ok if I let her find it. All was fine and he went to get her while I reburried that ring.

I gave her the scoop and showed her where to dig after I hit a target.

Ya'll wouldn't believe the light in her eyes when she sifted that scoop of sand and saw that ring. It made the day. I also told her she could keep what we find before we started.

So there's no pic of the ring, just money and junk.

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    You little softy you! Way to go!

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    What a great story! Yep, nothing like the lights in kids eyes to make your day!!

4. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    KIDZ are the best!!!! Thanks for the story

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yeah George, I think his bark is worse than his bite :wink:. That was a sweet thing to do Bob, thank you for telling us about it :smile2:.

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go Brother im sure that little girl will treasure that ring for years to come!!

7. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good job Bob. I like that Arkansas quarter:lol:.