This might be a first! Reporting live on Lake Moultrie!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by buster1395, Oct 17, 2008.

1. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Well since I run a small business at home I must carry my laptop and verizon broadband card with me on vacations. I cant get a signal for nothing at Hill's so I had to bring the laptop on the boat out here to check out my business emails and things.

Only caught about 4 so far this morning 3-6 lbs each. Fishing about 35-40 ft deep around Hog Swamp area. Using cut perch and herring with little luck but having a great day otherwise. Weather is great and I brought my good friend which is only 32 years old that was diagnosed with cancer in his lungs and hip about 8 months ago. He's been locked up in the house and hospital for several months but his Dr. said he could take a break and go fishing.

I'll report back tomorrow with another update. If anyone is out on Moultrie today having any better luck than us let me know I would love to put my buddy on some consistent bites. Thanks

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Hey chris, thanks for the LIVE update!:wink: The BOC is really moving up in the tech. world. I have a laptop and air card too, I haven't taken it on the water yet. How do you power your laptop on the boat?

Also, if your friend doesn't mind, what's his name so the brothers can lift him up in prayer. Hope you find the big un for him.....I'll pray for that right now! Have fun:smile2:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Thanks for the report Chris.We all hope your friend catches the World Record.:wink: Prayers sent and keep the reports coming!:big_smile:

4. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Prayers your friends way. Tell him keep chin up I walked that road 10 years ago and I am still fishing.
    I have sent emails on my blackberry on the lake and have thought about taking laptop on boat. One of the small converters are not much.
    Week ago I was catching them in old channel down from Angels Landing.
    Good luck

5. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    give the roundhill a call 980-522-1749 I'm on the lake an tomorrow to i will have blackwatercat to take care of me an keep me st rate

6. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    The rain and cold kept us in this morning but we did manage to get back on the water today about 3pm. We have 3 so far this evening and will fish till dark. Only had a total of 8 yesterday and about a 20 lb gar. My buddy Brad that has the cancer was fighting that gar with everything he has man it was so funny I couldnt stand up hardly. He's only 110lbs now after losing 40 lbs from his fight with cancer and lost a lot of strength along the way also. He wouldnt pass that rod off for nothing though.

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Chris, Your doing a good thing.:wink: Hopefully Brad will catch a trophy Blue, God willing.:big_smile: Keep at it and thanks for the report.:big_smile:

8. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    White perch heads and keep fingers crossed.:wink:

9. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Chris, You are giving Brad something the doctors can't, That's Hope. Friends like yourself is very hard to come bye. Our prayers are with Brad . And Chris WELCOME to BOC.