This makes me sick

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by blindfly69, Jul 20, 2007.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
  2. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    that is truly pathetic what a shame:angry:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    What a man! And folks will watch his show and buy the garbage he plugs. Thanx for sharein.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Canned hunts are for sissys that are afraid they might get their feet muddy or find a tick. It is a shame that these things are even allowed in the first place. It is the same as going to a place where you have to pay to fish(PL)!!!!
    Some folks just have to much money and are afraid to face an animal or fish in it's own turf.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for shareing, that is very sad.

I guess money can buy just about anything.

6. ilkeeper1965

ilkeeper1965 New Member

State:
    il.
    Truly disturbing video, thanks for sharing.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    JW is right. Somebody has money for this crap. Somebody else wants to take it. Whether it is NASCAR, football, pro wrestling, hunting or whores. Somebody will pay for it. Somebody else will use it to make more money. It will never change. Only we as individuals can do anything. I do my part by not participating. The brainless don't know any better.

8. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That is about as messed up as it gets. It looks like somewhere along the line they forgot the meaning of the word "HUNT". That would be like fishing in a bucket. All that and i still can't believe that one deer that walked right up to that guy and he still shot it sadly in the hind quarter and at that range couldn't even get a good shot. That crap should be illegal. Teddy is rollin in his grave for sure. :angry:

9. BassCat

BassCat New Member

State:
    NC
    That crap really makes me SICK!!!! I will never watch Jimmy Houston on TV again!! or buy anything he endorses!! that is really, really, SICK!!!

10. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That really makes me sick. I never knew the problem was so bad. People need to do something about this.

11. dragon86

dragon86 New Member

State:
    west frankfort illinios
    hmm wonder how they would fell if we druged and fenced them in then took turns shooting at them.

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Now that is a fresh Idea!!!! Where and when do I sign up, LOL!!! Of course we would have to use those fancy rubber bullets and blunt arrows so they would last longer, LOL!!!

13. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    that just aint right, thats truly a sad thing, having to hunt deer in a cage where the animal aint got a chance... i agree it makes me sick

14. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I agree it is a bad thing but ole Jimmy Houston is not the first to film like that....several others did it back in the 80's...they did not get caught....Noel Feather did and he got caught....the list is long and the practice was used over and over again so these guys could get their VIdeos on the market.....they shot everything from hogs to bears this way......the hunters are not the only ones who produced those outdoor videos under false pretense....there were a few of the so called fishing greats did it for the weekly tv shows also....every wonder how one man could catch so many HUGE bass on one 30 minute tv show???....over a period of time you say?....they had no more than three days to fish each week to meet the deadline for the show. They do things differently on those shows now because they are filmed over an entire year and then aired the follwing year. But back years ago they weren't. A used to be famous TV fisherman here in Ga had several friends supply him with live bass for his show.

I think this practice is as dishonest as stealing a man's boat and I absolutely hate it. It makes us legitimate outdoors men and women look bad.

15. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    as a matter of fact Cathooker i did wonder how some of them TV show guys caught so many bass, truly sad how that works

16. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Alan, I could not say it any better. The truth of the matter is that this is more common than anyone of us think, and as land access continues to shrink unfortunatly this type of hunt will only increase unless examples are made out of the ones convicted. There cannot be any "slaps on the wrist for this" :angry:

17. kstrucker

kstrucker New Member

State:
    kansas
    it's stuff like this that makes us look bad to the non hunting public. these people ought to be ashamed.:angry:

18. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Well, Jimmy Houston got caught, but no use assuming every show is rigged...The way Jimmy done it is pathetic for sure....A crook is a crook, that's all I got to say about it.....They'll take a dollar the "easiest" way they can get it.....Thanks for sharing that and making me aware of something like that going on.....I didn't realize....Dwight

19. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive seen it before and its not any easier watching it now. Truly disgusting and sad. Might as well shoot cows or somebody's dog.

20. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    That is just sad and pathetic.