This last weekend on Ray Roberts

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 1stpalindrone, Jan 30, 2006.

1. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Well, searched for the cats on Thursday. Tried several creek mouths, the rip-rap at the spillway and the south and east sides of Wolf Island = 1 channel cat about 2lbs in about 14' near the island while drifting w/ shrimp. Came back Sat. afternoon after the rains quit and also Sun. morn. Couldnt find 'em again :confused: although I caught about 10 (big) sandies while drifting cut shad and shrimp. Oh well, h20 temp was 47-48 so were getting close...

Bought a drift sock, wow!, can't belive I hadnt tried one of these before...

Lucas

2. Fishwhisperer

Fishwhisperer New Member

State:
    TX
    i've had a few of those 1 cat trips. major que nada

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Like I said before in a PM theres a old creek channel just south west of Wolf Island thats really good to drift there is also a big hump thats prob out of the water right now. think its a little more south of the creek one the west side thats also a good place to drift with shrimp. should pick up a sack or two of range cubes drop them out one mornning come back later and wear them out and the next day too. Another trick I do is remove the shell and add red food coloring. those drift bags really help alot

4. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    James-

I'll have to look on my map when I get home this evening for the creek bed your talkin about. Im pretty sure I hit it as I hung around wolf isle most of Sun. I thought about picking up a couple range cubes while at the feed store the other day but didnt. I'll have to try that trick also.

I need to get to LL cause I don't think there are many, if any, Blues in RR. What do you think?

5. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I can't remmeber catching any blues when we used to drift RR but we was targeting channels though. Id say LL would be a better bet for blues.