This is what we're all about!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Whistler, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I was just scanning through the board and came across this thread:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84036

If you read this thread, you'll find that it reflects on what we're all about and how well our community stands by each other.

Clifton(Goingfishing) had a little trouble on the water over the weekend. He ended up losing all his catfish gear. When word got out that he had lost it all, 3 of our members came to his aid and did their best to recover his gear. You can read the particulars within the thread. What I'd like to highlight here is how these 3 members gave their time to help another BOC member in a time of need.

Catfish Fever(Jim Leonard)
    Mandingo(Caleb Burgett)
    Catfish Quiver (Jerald Jenson)

They not only gave up their time to help, but plan to try again when the lake is down a bit. And not only did they help, but now they're trying to help him out by helping to get more equipment for him. This is what the BOC I have come to know is all about. I've been here for almost 6 years and I've seen this over and over. If anyone tells you that we are not a community in the real sense, just take a look at this thread and the many others out there that prove just that. This is why I am a moderator. I really love to see our members have a great place to come for friendship and fishing info. I've said it many times before, but there isn't another forum on the internet that even comes close. I want to say thanks to these three members for really going out of their way to help one of our own out. Jim, Caleb and Jerald thanks for all the effort you put into helping Clifton in a time of great need. Your actions are appreciated by the entire BOC.

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Great post Bryan! Wish I was there to help too! Yes, We are a great community of great people. Fisherman trying to help each other the best we can. I know the BOC will stay strong with the efforts from all of us!! My thanks goes out to the three guys that went out of their way to help. Great job.:wink:

Thanks.
    Mark..

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    Catfish Fever(Jim Leonard)
    Mandingo(Caleb Burgett)
    Catfish Quiver (Jerald Jenson)

i commend you three. great deal. glad you guys helped out in retreving some of his gear.

sad news about the accident. glad no one was hurt. gear can be replaced. brothers cant.:wink:

4. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Great post bryan, that is what the BOC is all about !!!!!

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    yep, thats what its about, glad everyone is safe.

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63806

Here is another great example of going out of one's way to help a fellow catfisherman in need. I've met Cattmatt and he's is probably the most enthusiastic and obsessed with catfishing person I've ever met. Always got a smile on his face and is always willing to share his knowlege with anyone that will listen. In the thread above he took away from his own time to help one of our members and actually took him and showed him where to find bait and fish. Think about that, he's a guide and he's sharing his expertise. We could all learn a few things from just that. These acts of kindness are very good and I'm very proud and happy to be a part of all of this. Thanks to everyone on this board that thinks as these fine gentlemen do. I'm sure I speak for the entire staff when I say thanks to all our members for making this community so great.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Bryan for sharing. This makes one swell with pride to be part of such a great Brotherhood.

8. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Excellent post(s)! :wink: