this is the weekend, i can feel it.

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by baitchunker, Jan 18, 2008.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    headed back to the camp today. wont be back till wed. then i will be back up there the following sunday till thurs. afternoon. i have a really good feeling about this weekend. last weekend the bucks were chasing, mostly small bucks, but at least they were interested. we are supposed to have some extremely cold weather (for down here anyway). with lows all the way down to the mid 20's. they are even giving us a chance of snow/freezing rain tomm. morning. i hope not. the few times in my life that i have seen snow down here, it has completely shut the hunting down. i think it freaks the deer out as much as it does the hunters. not to mention i am totally opposed to being in snow. no deer is worth that to me. i am just not that mad at them anymore. but, reguardless of snow, i still think this will be the best weekend we have had so far this season. all of the right factors are coming into play. time of year, temps.etc. wish me luck.

2. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good luck to you my friend,be careful snow is much better than friezing rain,like I said good luck and,???Thank you:wink:

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeh, several years back we had a few inches aroung Montgomery. I headed to the woods with high hopes that the deer would be really moving and stand out in the woods but other than a few tracks from the night time I didn't see a thing. Like you said, I don't think they know what they should do in snow. I sure do like hunting in it though, guess that's the old northern blood in me coming out...:big_smile:. I hope to get out some this weekend and next week too. Tomorrow is suppose to be rainy and miserable though.

Good Luck
    mike

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    good luck to ya j.d., hope you smoke a goodun!

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Good luck baitchunker,
    Lows in the 20's not bad, here theyre talking about highs in the 20's.:crazy:
    Too bad our season is over now, I still have a taste for venison.