This is for the BOC!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Blacky, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I finally was able to fish in my first ever catfish tournament last night. It was held by the Gladwyne VFW. It rained the night before so the local creeks were flooded and sunfish were hard to get. So our last option was to castnet in the Philadelphia sewer for suckers. The suckers were hard to get but we were able to get half a dozen. At one point, the $90 cast net was stuck on a rock and I actually had to swim up to my chest and loosen the net, YUCK-SMELLY-DISGUSTING!!!!!! But in one cast, my teammate was able to get a dozen bullheads averaging 4 inches. I always read on this forum how you fellow brothers swear about using bullheads. But I never tried it and I said, "what the hell, into the baitbucket". No one ever using bulheads in eastern Pa.
    So cut it short, after using the few sunfish we had, I decided to throw on the bullhead. I casted between 2 bridge pilings and half hour later, my clickers goes off. After a 5 minute tug-a-war, he was banked. 27lbs 4 oz. First place. Quadrupled the size of second place.!!!!

Like i said, if it wasn't for you brothers on this site, I would have never used the strategies/techniques you taught me. So I dedicate this victory to the BOC!!!!!

I will post pics when i figure how to make the pic smaller in able to not exceed size limit.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Glad to see the BOC helped you out. Can't wait to see those pics!

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats on the win! That was a nice fish and I am looking forward to seeing the pics.

If you need help with the pics just send me a PM and I will be glad to help out with them for you.

This shows once again how great the BOC is! There is much to be learned here if one takes the time to read, learn, and implement techiques and strategies.

Thanks for the thank you to the BOC. :smile2:

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Congrats bro, glad to see the bullheads worked for ya. They are great bait. Nice to hear about how the BOC helps people.

5. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Hey Blackie, congratulations on the win. Aint the BOC great. I love this place. Gotta tell you man. anyone that would swim in the Philly sewer to save his cast net has to be one heck of catfisherman.

6. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Congrats to you on winning the tournament, I hope you win more

7. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Congrats Blacky, anyone that's willing to wade in the sewer deserves to win the tournament, LOL.:bad_smelly: :bad_smelly: :bad_smelly:

8. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Congrats ,can't wait to see the pics .

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hip Hip Hoorey!! Glad for ya man what a fish,thats what the BOC does essentially it's helping neighbors to fish,learn new bait offerings,techniques, all that they off is absolutely wonderful.It's just dang marvelous to be on the BOC.I'm so happy we were able to help you.------------pk powell:big_smile:

10. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    i like it when someone else talks good about the boc. that way i don't feel like i'm the onlyone. but good job on the catch

11. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    nice job you can learn alot of things on here.

12. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Congrats on the catch.

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Congratulations, Tan (hey, I like that name :smile2:) on your first tourney victory. I agree that if you were willing to practically swim in the sewer I sure am glad you WON! Very good fish, I imagine you were loving those little bait bullheads after that. Thanks for dedicating your win to the BOC, this really is a place with a wealth of knowledge!

14. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    way to represent brother!

15. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    congrats, what a great family we have .

16. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Awesome job brother...Congratulations...:big_smile:

17. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats brother! Sounds like YOU were the "stink bait". LOL

18. Buknasty

Buknasty New Member

State:
    Illinois
  19. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congratulations Blacky on the First Place Win! The Boc is A great place I have to agree. I was just sorta curious though.After wading around in the sewer catching bait and fishing all night in them clothes were you able to back in the house in the morning?LOL J.D.Straka :eek:oooh:

20. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats!! Don't you love showing up at the scales with something big!!