This is Crazy

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by slowboat, Jun 26, 2009.

1. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My two day stay in the hospital Turned into a 19 day trip because of the intestinal disease I caught from the hospital. I had two insurances to cover the cost and now they are arguing over who is primary and neither one is paying. The bills have started coming in and as of now they have reached 150,000 lol and are still coming. Looks like I need a bail out.
    I want to thank all of the well wishers that sent me prayers and well wishes. Thank you all...sb

2. Bear2123

Bear2123 New Member

State:
    Uhrichsville, OH
    Send your bill to the federal government they love spending money.:eek:oooh:

Glad to see no intestinal bug can keep you down.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hal if it was the fault of the hospital then they should be paying right?

4. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They make you sign disclaimer against stuff like this when you are ammitted...sb

5. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio

Piss on them! What are they gonna do, take away your birthday? If you want the hospital to settle this, just remind them that you are a memeber of a website that reaches thousands of people and you aren't afraid to shed a little light on whats happening there. Then call a local news crew, and call your state reperesentative. One phone call from either of these folks should work wonders. You would be suprised how much hospitals hate bad press.

:wink:

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Didnt know that however I bet that there are attornies that can get past all of that. I wouldnt worry about it too much Hal life is too short for that and they will get their money, they may want to keep bugging you but all you have to do is show the paperwork and tell them to shove it LOL

7. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    hosp. bills SUCK! you go there for 30 mins and get a bill for 600.00. Well atleast your out of the hospital man,thats the main thing right there! Like everyone said, they get their money some how no matter if you pay not.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hal its good to see you are out of the hospital and doing well. Let the insurance companies fight it out. You can always get an attorney if needed.

9. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    i hate to hear that i wish you the best!!

10. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Good to see u up and at em Hal

11. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Hal, it's good to see you made it home and not in a box, the rest is superflous. Don't worry about the insurance. If they can't figure it out, your primary insurance should take care of it and then they can use subrogation to go after the other one.

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Hal.....so glad to see that you are feeling better buddy, but sorry to hear of the insurance problems. You hang in there, we'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

13. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Glad to hear you made it out ok! What's the big deal about money anyway, 150000 dollars...big whoop. :smile2: I'm sure everything will work itself out...just be sure to get out there and catch a few big uns to keep your spirits up!

14. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Just take it easy and relax and get better.You have primary and secondary insurance which should take care of most of it if not all.Let them two butt heads with each other.Today a stay in the hospital is scary.My ex went to surgery center to have rotator cuff surgery and came home with a 6 month staph infection which the next thing they were going to warm her blood and put it back in her and if that didnt work she probably would of died.Luckily they found the right antibiotic and it went away but took them 6 months.Had to learn to hook up IV because the insurance would pay in home nurses to come to my home for only so long.When your feeling up to getting out.Ill pick you up at the dock:big_smile:

15. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    jesus,was you at fayette memorial??? lol

well,good to see your feeling better now

16. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    glad to see your home and doing better, dont fret over the bills, call em and let them knw if they want to keep sending them to please send softer paper, at least you can use if for something:wink:

17. cudadustin

cudadustin New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    It's always good to see someone walk away from a hospital stay; no matter how long it is. I am sorry that I don't know you personally Hal, but as a fellow BOC I would like to offer my prayers. You sound like a great ambassodor for our sport! I hope to catch you fishing one day. Perhaps I could learn something. Take care sir and best wishes.

18. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good to see you posting again brother! Glad all is well!

19. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad your out and kick'n. Take Dr. Jack's advice and don't worry, be happy! The way I see it Hal just deposit them bills in the old F file. We don't have debtors prison any more and unless you are looking for a new house and want a lower rate your credit score wont matter any way. Remember the old saying, you cant get blood out of a turnip. :wink:

20. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hal glad we still have you here with us! Health is the main concern altho what sometimes a hospital puts us through is totally uncalled for.