THIS IS A TRUCK LOAD OF CRAP

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by catman-j, Mar 12, 2009.

1. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
  2. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Wow, what a bummer...take your weed wacker with you and trash bags to gather the crap everyone dumps or it all goes in the water systems? What are those legislators thinking,just about their next pay raise I guess. I wish you the best in the park areas they do not consider worth keeping up. I sure hope Kansas and Missouri don't do the same.

3. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    We're already laughed at when ever Nebraska and tourism are spoken in the same sentence. The last time they pulled this nonsense all of the game wardens started driving brand new pickup trucks.

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    That's just plain silly to abandon State parks like that. Someone needs to pull their Head out of the sand and see what's going on..

5. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Thats a shame but I wonder if that might be the picture for lots of states with the economy crashing.

6. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Yeah, that's a shame. 20 bucks for a yearly pass??? Thats dirt cheap! There are some local resevoirs out here that are 50, and that's just for that one place! But I dont mind paying if it keeps trash cans there!

But I was just thinking that with this economic slump does anybody think that state parks could actually get more money? They need to advertise these places as cheaper vacation alternatives. I was just thinking that alot of people might not have enough money to go to the ocean this year but they might be able to afford a cabin for a week at a local state park. Just a thought....

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Our CD is on a hiring freeze. Lots of unfilled jobs including agents. Lots of skeleton crews working maint and the nature centers. Foresters and naturalist included. For every dollar not spent on hunting and fishing equip. thats another 1/8 cent that they don't get.
    I think it will get worse before and if it ever gets better.

8. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I think our state as a whole could cut back on a number of things. some of my thoughts are (my opinion only !!)
    1 - why do we have to have a new front wheel assist 4 wheel drive tractor to mow road ditches ?
    2 - how many of the state vehicles are realy needed I see a lot of them going down the road (usually faster than I am ) and how many are being used for personal reasons,they can drive to work same as I do !
    3 - How about raising the fines for fish and game violations. I just red an article about a 18yr old that shot three Mule deer and let them lay to rot ! Fine - just over $400.00 should have been double !! AT LEAST
    4 - How about a boat ramp user fee ? added on to the boat and PWC registration fee. Not a honor system at the ramp, box but a fee payed every time you re-up your boat and PWC stickers. This would apply to anyone that uses the boat ramps. And would not have a box of money to steal at every ramp. No - non payers either !
    5 - Register your boat and PW every year just like all the other vehicles we ride or drive. This would be a way to bring in money every year better cash flow sort of speak
    6 - Spread this money through out the state !! not just where the most population is. Its my opinion that the rec. areas in the eastern part of the state get more attention than the west. Its all state rec. and all should be treated and maintained equally
    I have a lot more but will shut up now before I get ran out of the state Nebraska Home Of The Good Life
    sure would like to see it stay that way !! :confused2::sad2:
    I have been here all of mine ! :cool2:

9. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    well im suprised to see our marina here not on that.. arbor lodge was kind of a shock??? they don't take much care of our dock... don't pull it out when they know it's going to flood and it takes them forever to clean it up afterwards.. that maybe just the guy that's in charge of it though not many people i talk to like him:angry:

10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Budget cuts? How about using the budget more wisely. I believe the state gets more than enough money from the sportsman. US! Like Big Vic said in the previous post, they're to concerned about spending the money close to the high population areas, instead on worrying about other parks, especially in the western half of the state. Johnson Lake near Lexington, ranked 3rd. in the state last year for park attendance. Yet this place needs updated electrical pads for campers. More amperage(electrical). Shower units need to be bigger to accomadate the clients of the park. More flush toilets. Garbage bins for the holiday weekends and so forth.

I've worked for the Game and Parks for 4 yrs. as a park employee. I"ve seen the budget cuts that effected the projects at Johnson lake and the surrounding parks. For example, we planted trees at Gallaghers Canyon park and the Game and Parks limited our travel to water them. Put us to a hult, to stop us from using to much gas money. That's when gas was at $2 per gal. Trash cleanup at the inlet was of no concern, because it's not effiliated with the G&P! Just a bunch of crap!! Anyhow, I enjoyed the outdoor work with great employees and we always harped about how the G&P was ran. I could go on and on, but I'll stop rambling!!

Thanks.
    Mark..

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    They'll just end up doing what New Mexico did here several years ago. Now all State parks require a day use fee 5.00 you can get a yearly permit 40.00 But It really sucks to live 3 miles from a state park/lake and have to PAY to go.:sad2:

12. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    After seeing what other states charge, I wouldn't mind paying more but they didn't even try any other solutions. So we get to camp in tall grass.:sad2:

13. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    in bastrop county texas, not the whole state, they took a bulldozer and tractors and ripped out all the roadside parks. they say it costs to much to maintain them. i guess it looks better for everyone to just throw trash out and stop on the shoulder of the road to take a break.

14. uglymike

uglymike New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Get used to it guys, especially those of us who live in the western half of the state. Everybody in this state knows its all about keeping the Omaha/Lincoln crowd happy, seems like the g+p thinks the western Nebraska border is York. The state of Nebraska presently has several HUNDRED MILLION dollars in the bank. Surplus, not deficit!!!!! Nebraska, not the good life. Nebraska, the tax me more state.....

15. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    And, with all the concern beign shown, what would be wrong with conducting a clean-up gathering at your state parks? Instead of boats, bring riding lawn mowers. Wouldn't take much to keep a park clean... 5 or 6 volunteers can get a lot done.

16. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Great Idea !!! If you could get people to show up ! :cool2::smile2: