This is a HUGE flathead catfish..

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by spanishcatman, Feb 28, 2007.

1. spanishcatman

spanishcatman New Member

State:
    United Kingdom
  2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thats one big flattie, and yes i would say its real!!!

3. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    That looks real to me, ive never seen it, but man id like to catch one like it

4. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    That thing was superimposed. It looks all wet like it just came out of the water yet the concretes dry. The fish is also to bright to fit in with the surroundings. if it was real the picture was still tampered with. With any kind of light, there'd be a shadow. One can dream though...

dru

5. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    The fins are also to erect, like it was swimming. And lastbut not least, why isnt that ol man SMILING!!!:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

dru

6. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    yea I have seen it before, it's one big flattie! Thanks for sharing.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Your right Dru. We went over that a good while back. Check out the bottom fin on the right, it was cut out with a different background and they left to much of the old photo in. lol Zoom in and you can see where they blurred the image too. lol Fun but not real.:big_smile:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike thanks for sharing the pics. I had not seen it before. I would say the reason that guy was not smileing, is because he was wore out from moving that fish about. Looked real to me.:smile2:

9. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Real or not I'd sure like to have some of that action.

10. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    That thing looks as real as any flathead I've ever seen. I really hope they released that beast. Since it was caught on a trotline I don't think it can count for any sort of record.

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Oh well Its a good goal :smile2:

12. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I think I need some larger equipment.
    Jake

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The fish is real. The photo is not. If the fish was 6'-3" long, it would surely appear longer than the average sized man standing behind it right? The perspective doesn't jive. Who would use such a tiny string to hang a fish that size from? Why is the fish wet, but not the floor as previously mentioned. Why the weird shadow cast in mid air on the right side of the fish? The shadow doesn't fall on the floor or the wall, just around the edge of the fish. Looks way fishy to me.

14. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

yep yall look a little closer that just dont look right to me either

15. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    I think that fish was superimposed or something. If it was 6 ft 4 inches long, it would be taller than that guy, and it's not -- and he sure isn't 6'4". Hope they didn't spend too much time trying to fool us.

16. BigOlGooduns

BigOlGooduns New Member

State:
    Texas
    Something is fishy about that photo... lol There are some light and shadow details that the cut and paster didn't think to work out. I hate that about.com missed it too.

17. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    man that is one big old flat head only in my dreams to catch some thing like that thanks for sharing

18. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Looks like photo shop to me , makes a good story though .

19. spanishcatman

spanishcatman New Member

State:
    United Kingdom
    Well I guess it may not be a genuine then! A couple of points - there's no reason why the guy isn't that height. 6ft 4inches is big but not freakish! And he's not really standing behind the fish, but to the side. As for the fish being wet, it's not really dripping wet is it? It has the shiny look of a fish whose slime is not fully dried out - fish like that can shine but are not truly wet.

Anyway; guess I just want it be real. Look at the size of the head!!

20. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    That is a big fish. I didnt spend too much time analyzing it and checking for moisture content, light and shadows.

Thanks for posting and giving those photoshop masters, something to study. :big_smile: