This is a doozy.....

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Catgirl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I was watching the late news last night (our TV station here where I live is a joke, so I watch the news from Charlotte); earlier I had watched the same station's six pm news and had seen a report about a murder. They had arrested a female for alledgedly killing a local minister here in my county. Evidently he was a recovered/ing drug addict who worked with other folks trying to clean up their lives.

Anyhow, on the late news they showed the same report, but in addition to the original person they had apprehended, they had also arrested someone else as an accessory (maybe aiding and abetting....). I knew the name. This girl must be about 20 years old now, I haven't had any contact with her since she was 7 or so. Used to be friends with her mom, who I saw recently in the grocery store; I was informed at that time that the mom no longer has contact with the daughter, but not why. I didn't ask any questions.

Just a l'il background info.....I cut off contact completely with these folks back then, because I saw what they were doing to their children; became aware of some activities in the household that I did not agree with. Needless to say (and I don't know what all else ensued over the years), things have not worked out well for this child. When I saw the report, I even thought about going to the jail to speak with her, but I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

At this point all I can think to do is ask for prayers regarding the situation, so I'm asking. Thank you for reading this, and thanks in advance for the prayers - on behalf of someone who was directed down the wrong path at an early age, and her family. They need 'em. :sad2:

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well, I just saw my former friend speaking on the news. Her daughter admitted to helping hide the body; what is this world coming to? Two words evidently having something to do with THIS particular situation: crack cocaine. :angry:

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Prayers sent. Addiction is a rough way to go. It is a hard thing to break.

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    "T", normaly I think people in this situation get what they deserve, but you seem to be genuinely concerned and knowing what I do of you from your posts on here,,, well lets just say,,,I see your dispair over this girl. Prayers sent from Indiana.

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Barry, thank you. I'm certainly not saying she shouldn't get what she deserves, and I don't want prayers for her to get off easy or anything like that. But things could have been so different, she was a sweet little girl. Leaves me wondering if I had stayed involved in their lives, if I could have helped somehow. :sad2:

6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    T, you have a great big heart. You cant go back, and you cant be responsible. There is no way to know what difference you could have made, if any. Dont burden yourself with this, you're too nice a person.

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hate to hear that. Thoughts and prayers from Derbycity.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I would just pray without judgment, that's all you can do. More than likely it was meant for you to be distant from this girl anyway.

You have a good heart Tanya and the Lord knows you care, say your prayers and I firmly believe that the " what if " thoughts you are having will soon disappear.

My prayers go out to all involved.

-Jim-

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Tanya, I think you made the right choice. It's very hard to say if you could have made a difference, but sometimes it's best to walk away and leave well enough alone. I understand you know these people, but don't ever hold yourself responsible for what happened. I believe lessons learned hard are lessons learned best. It's terrible knowing that this happens in everyday life!

Prayers and thoughts sent from Nebraska..
    Mark..

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Prayers sent from Nevada.

11. BigBoat99

BigBoat99 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Catgirl,
    I’m a newbie to the site, and don’t post often. But I do know how to pray. Although I don’t know the circumstances, or the people involved, I can always pray that the Lord’s will be done. I also know from personal experience that our Lord Jesus Christ continually works in all of our lives. Sometimes it really takes a tragedy for Him to get an individual’s attention. I am confident that He will work this situation out for His glory and honor, despite how bad it may look to us. We can all take comfort in His promises:

“Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.” - Isa 55:6-8. “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.” – II Cor 4:6.

Love in Christ from Enon, Ohio.

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Prayers sent from Southeast Kenucky

13. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    You have my prayers.I agree there was nothing you could have done change the situation shes in.The best thing right now is prayers to all involved. keep your chin up and the smiles flowing.:big_smile:

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ill tell ya. deadbeat parents and alot of bad raising. not to judge these folks i dont know, but im 33 and drink way to much and way to often (at home in my shop. gave up bars 3-4 years ago). im not reveling it here but any how. i found out when i was 14 my dad wasnt my dad. he was my step and my bio father was dead. a shock. so i rebeled for a while and begaan drinking at 14 sneaking out and wont go into it but have been a guinea pig for some controled substances.

not gonna name them but i will say i never ever stuck a needle in myself except for tattoos. but something i havent reveled here till now. my oldest son and i do mean son isnt my bio. the bumb left when he got the news. i knew this girl (my wife) and felt bad for her situation. i asked her out for dinner.

ive been there ever since. the birth and 9 years hes been growing. and we of course now have #2 my bio son joseph. his 1 year b-day it today. i just told the wife two weeks ago it was time i start decreasing my drinking and try to all but quit. i would consider myself an alcoholic and so would most agencies. although i DONT beat my wife or kids and have maintained a good union job for 15 years since i was 17, i decided that i want to live a longer life for my kids and they are to be more important than beer. i gave up liquor a long time ago because it made me an a$$.

morel of the story i am trying to point out is some people dont give thier kids the time it takes to raise them right. some kids turn anyway. but i for one am gonna try hard to raise my kids the right way because i dont want to outlive them from leading a misguided life.

my prayers go out to them. it sounds like she has eenterd a path that will be hard to recover from. because if sent to prizon unfourtunatly it does alot of damage to most too. very few folks that leave the system follow a better life.

i for one changed my life when i got married but the beer was hard to give up. all the other crap i dont miss at all. but the kids are my new drug. last night i drank a few busch na (non alcoholic) and colored eggs with my two boys.

only one time did the bio ask to see tiler, my oldest. i told her to tell that bumb he missed his only chance. and 6-7 years heard nothing. and if he shows up on my portch hell eat lead. tiler knows the story now. but calls me dad.

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Our prayers go out to this young lady. God Bless.

16. fishing bum

fishing bum New Member

State:
    Victoria Texas
    Prayers sent from Victoria TX.

17. Rachel1angel

Rachel1angel New Member

State:
    Gainesville, FL
    Prayers sent out to you Tanya for the "what if" worries you carry on your shoulders.and prayers sent to this young girl in hopes that she seeks out her god and angels to guide her down a better path God Bless
    ~Joann

18. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    Prayers sent from N.C.

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    YEP! Its a "DOOZY" allrite.

20. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Tanya I've seen a lot of kids who were raised up in a bad way that turned out ok and I seen kids who were raised right and went bad.Those who are going to go bad most likely will even if you try to help them.I may be wrong but I've seen it happen to many times over the years to think other wise.My father died when I was 15 so I was lose to get into all the trouble there was to get into but I didn't get in any.I grew up with out even getting a speeding ticket and I did it with out anyone forcing me to behave.I just didn't want to do anything that would get me in trouble.Those with a weak mind and no will power take the easy way and that some times lands them in jail.I will put her on my prayer list.