This I have discovered!!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by pk_powell, Jun 15, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I AM NOT IN THE LEAST ATTRACTED TO BLOWFLIES! Took my oldest daughter fishin this morning just to have time with her.She is really girly and fishih isn't really her cup of tea but it was kinda fun just to see her laugh. Found out the Ol'Whiskerhead Chicken Gizzards was so soft this time they were same as useless.Within seconds we had BLOWFLIES.My decision? We decided we'd chum with Gizzards and use the ground up chicken livers from the same company.No bites as usual,maybe the cats were down there gagging I don't know but I do know no more rotton gizzards. I have Junnie's Sewer and Sonnys Blood and Dk's and Big tub of Hoss's Hawg Bait this is what I will use.No more BLOWFLIES!!:crazy::crazy::crazy::0a30:

2. Cat Hunter

Cat Hunter New Member

State:
    texas
    I tell ya what I use chicken livers all the time. I even had the catfish on the guadalupe river trained to only eat chicken liver, they wouldnt touch any other bait I brought out there. What I do with my chicken livers is put some salt in the tub with them and it toughens them up alittle bit so they stay on the hook better. Never really had any luck with gizzards though.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    to the BOC! Glad to have ya join us. I truly believe that Catfish despise me.Everytime I go I come home empty handed. I sure wish I could bring some fish home GRRRRRRRRRRRR!! It's great that you're here,I hope you enjoy it. It is addicting!!:big_smile:

4. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm amazed by how often chicken liver works. I catch channel cat left and right on the stuff. My dad even pulled a 15LB Shovelhead out of GMR with a giant glob of chicken liver wrapped up in some pantyhose.

The secret to chicken liver is 1) Keep the liver away from where you sit and go there to put it on the hook and 2) Bring a thing of hand sanitizer. I know it sounds funny to bring sanitizer fishing, but chicken liver is the nastiest bait ever!

Good luck and keep with it

5. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How about bream for bait? The big ones love it and you guys can have a ton of fun just catching the bait. We just leave a little early so we can get to my fav bream hole and after an hour or so we have all the bait we need and we have already caught enough for a few good fish stories. Then we throw out our cat poles and wait. and wait. and wait.:roll_eyes:

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    the problem that I have with livers is that they seem to attract the heck out of stripers where I fish. Not big ones either...little ones that just pick at the bait and annoy me...live blue gill or chunks of blue gill...thats what I stick to...

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    The problem I have with livers and gizzards is that they seem to attract the heck out of stripers...not the big ones either. Just the small ones that like to peck at the bait and annoy me...