This high tech stuff is getting to be too much for an old man like me.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I renewed our cell phone contract and got my new phones today. I picked the highest priced ones I could get that were free after the rebate. These things have cameras, video recorders, voice dialing, e-mail, play music and all sorts of stuff. I ain't even figured out what all my old phone did and I had it for 2 years. I think I have figured out how to make a phone call on it though.

2. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Maybe the cell phone companies should concetrate more on my being able to make a call in the middle of know where (where you need it) than all the fancy stuff. JMO

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    grumpy im with ya on this one. i dont no half the stuff my 3 yr. old phone does. i like things simple.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I use to have one of those big Brick Car Phones.....those thing's never would lose service though....I guess they shouldn't if there like 3 ft tall. LOL!

5. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LOL thats funny, but I see where you are coming from. Like said previously maybe they can work harder on gettin more and better service and less lost calls. i hate losing calls

6. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Ya know, the sad part is, I don't think you can find a cell phone now days that is only a phone.

I can only guess at what the Swiss have built in to their cells.

Mike

7. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Wife and I got new phones a couple weeks ago like that.I can't imagine what use I will have for most of that stuff.The only picture I will be sending is if I'm being dragged onto some UFO.I probably wouldn't have time to read the directions in that case,so on second thought I probably won't use anything but the phone. :)

8. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Dee,

If I send you my phone number, will you send me some pics if you are abducted by aliens? I don't want any of them probing ya though... there is a limit to my interest. :blink: LOL

Mike

9. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If I get probed they aint nobody gettin pictures. :eek: and I won't Phone Home bout' it neither. :0a19:

10. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    If you check on page 1,232 of the "quick overview" in you instruction booklet,your phone comes with its own probe...no need to wait for the aliens:love-big: :love-big:

11. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Now see!!! That is exactly what I was talkin about. Those darn Swiss will add three knife blades, a fork and spoon, a file, hole punch, mini roach clip, toothpick AND a preemptive probe. :eek:

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Mark. Are ya sure ya ain't readin the spanish section in the manual? LOL!;)

13. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Al'yall must be crazy. My sweet wife's been trying to hang one of those cell phones on me for 5 or 6 years now. I didn't need one for 25 years, so why now? She got kinda perturbed at the nickname I give it - 'extend-a-b!!!h'. Once the bruise wore off and the swelling went down, I could still see her poking it at me, but I have still successfully avoided having one.

14. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Mini Roach Clip? LOL