This doesn't look good.

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by wabah58, Oct 22, 2009.

1. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Found this in a national website, from a local guy here selling fish. I really hate the idea of selling fish taken from our local waters. I wonder if there is any action that can be taken for this?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/spo/1395328499.html

2. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hopefully this eventually turns into an all Asian Carp thing. Wouldnt mind seeing them go by the billions.

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    If he has a commercial license, and if the catfish are from the Mississippi River, it's probably all legal.

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Washington Missouri is on the Missouri River. Now that dont mean they arent going to the Mississiippi to catch the catfish. What I cant believe is they are gettin a dollar a pound for big head. The only way you can give them to me is for bait.

5. BenNewt

BenNewt New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I've heard that asian carp are great to eat. Of course I've also heard that bullheads are great to eat......:eek:oooh::wink:

6. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    we could buy some off them to find out who they are and then look into what there operation is. :wink:

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Bullhead and Asian carp are both OK eating. But you can tell from my avatar picture I'm not real picky:big_smile:

If he's catching and selling the catfish out of the MO, it's illegal. If he's got a commercial license, selling the other species out of the MO is legal. Like Gary said, if he's got a commercial license and is fishing the parts of the Mississippi that Missouri allows their license holders to fish, then he's legal.

Or he could have a pond. Or be buying them at a lower price from a licensed commercial guy and reselling. Who knows. Call and ask him.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  8. Scaley Cat

Scaley Cat Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm almost positive I've seen these guys down here in my neck of the woods. Mainly during the winter months.

9. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    I am on the river all the time here at Washington and have never seen anyone commercial fishing.

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    bullheads are good eatin..but i aint buyin em:smile2:

11. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    A call to the local DNR, might invite some investigation:roll_eyes:

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Brandon is right about the asians being good eatin. I was standing there stuffin my face at the same time.

13. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    that's a shame.

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    $1.00 a lb for Asian carp!!! I am going buy a dump truck and make a killing:wink:

15. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Im with the post about asian carp, but like catfish killing I say more petitions need to be made.:confused2:

16. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Same here,cept i do see a guy every spring that fishes for sturgen with nets and then he milks them for their eggs.