This darn right makes me mad

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mudkat, Oct 13, 2006.

1. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    if you love fishing as much as i doo you'll understand.my mom thinks its too cold to go catfishing anymore so she said i cant fish til spring and i was telling her that this is a great time to fish but she doesnt belive me anyone have some words for my mom and maybe she'll reconsider:angry:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Listen to your mom, she brought you into this world and she can take you out. LMAO

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey brother I have the same problem. No one wants to fish with me again till spring cause they think the catfish dont bite in the cold

4. idolg

idolg New Member

State:
    Colfax, NC
    Hang in there! There will be some warmer days ahead in the next few months. Your mom will be fair I'm sure.

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Ryan channels and blues hit very well during the fall and winter, fish in the daytime with cut bait of some kind. I've caught channels in feb. through the ice on ponds and every month of winter on rivers under the low-head dams. It's just an old wives tale that catfish won't bite during winter. The best blue cat hunters have their best fishing in the fall and winter. Ask jim moyer down in tennesse. Fish deep spots in the river or under any dams. In lakes fish deeper water also. If you get 3 or 4 days of sunshine in a row during winter the fish will move up shallower to catch some of that warm sunshine. Good luck with your mom.

6. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have the same problem here. All my friends put thier boats away already for the winter. It's toooo cold, what a bunch of sissies.
    You should listen to mom though, moms are always right.
    I will be going out again if it is by my self.

7. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Your Mother is wrong but she is your mother and we all should respect our mothers. Life is not fair.

Say to her. Mom i will do as you say and I ask you a favor. Please consider getting some advice from folks who fish because most big cat fish are caught in colder weather.

Now if mom says no, do as I say, well you got one of them times when life is not fair, just say to her thats OK I'll do as you say, I will soon be older.

8. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    no one wants to fish with me anymore either! lol. its not that cold yet!

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    This concept seems to have bypassed the youth of today. :lol: More should follow your good advice than just some on here. :lol:

10. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    When I was young/your age. My parent's had no problem letting me go fishing or hunting in cold weather. They would much rather me go fishing/hunting than going to the mall or getting caught up in the wrong crowd. Actually I didn't even need to ask my parents if I could go fishing,they were happy I wanted to go. Just had to let them know where I would be going and what time to expect me back. Obey your Mom no matter what she says or you might not get to go at all!!!

Respecting your mother is more important than fishing.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Can't always agree with parents ,however we are all raised to respect thier mother. So young man respect your mother's wishes ,don't argue about it and just maybe when it warms up some again this fall/winter she will ask you ( Son would you like to go fishing. ) Just keep the ol fishing pole oiled up and ready to go in the spur of a moment. Hang in You know the old saying MOTHER KNOWS BEST!!

12. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My words... God bless Moms ...(gotta say that, I am one)
    and God bless children (I was one of them, too, once)
    and may the two always love and cherish each other.

P.S. MRR is right :smile2: and.... Spring is right around the corner! Well, sorta:cool2:

Hope

13. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    You will under stand oneday mothers do what they fell is right and whin you have a kid you will under stand

14. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    thats pretty much the way i was brought up.alot of times mom would put her coat on and go with me and my brother...i can still remember it like it was yesterday!

15. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Heres a solution, dont be mean to your mother but just kinda get on her nerves bad enough to where she tells you to get out of the house and go fishing.Thats what I have to do with my wife.:lol:

16. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    You didn't say why she wouldn't let you go fishing. You do have to take special precautions in winter that you don't in summer.
    The catfish do bite in winter.

17. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Fish are hungry at some point everyday, she is your mother and you must follow what your parents say as they are looking out at what is best for you. She is probbly more along the lines that she does not want you out getting sick from chasing fish. In short, respect the wishes of your mother.

18. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Moms' Know Best, Listen To Her And Your Days Will Be Smoother.lmao

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    If mamas unhappy everbodys unhappy:cool2:

20. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    big blues bite in the winter. I have plans for fishing this winter for blues; I have never caught one before. What I know is to use a good bait, fresh dead, like skipjack or shad. Fished on a carolina rig, like bass fishing but a lot bigger. In rivers and run-of-the-river lakes, on channel drop-offs.

Tell your mom that you could go with a fishing buddy or two and get your winter wear & gear and do a few trips this winter. If she says no then spend the winter researching, learning more techniques, planning for spring and experimenting with homemade baits. Also during the winter a few times I have gone to one of those creeks that you can jump over, more like spring-fed ditches, and find deep pools and catch creek chubs w/ bamboo pole, small hook and worm or corn. Actually I dont know how good the chubs are for bait but you could add them to a homemade bait.. just an idea..

I hope this has been helpful.