This cold, rainy weather...

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    has got me with the hankering to FISH!! I depleted my bait tank Sunday, so I'm gonna try and fill it back up with bream. Headed out now.

BB

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    If i lived a little closer i would go with ya.

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    its cold out there? its rainy and muggy here. we been gettin a cold front followed by a warm followed by a cold followed by a warm followed by a cold. for two weeks. we got almost 40 inches in the past month and a half. its driven me nuts. one day its fall weather, the next three its sticky and nasty. tired of the mud. had the top of a tree come down in lastnights thunder blaster next to the house. snap!thump!, i was thinkin, dang that was close.

4. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Let us know how you did, on your fishing in the rain trip. GOOD LUCK!!!

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well I was on the way to catch bait and got a call that my grandaughter had gotten into a wreck. She's OK, but it took up a few hours of my time. Nevertheless I went on bait fishin' in a pretty stiff rain. Caught a pile of shiners, small bream, one HUGE bream I tossed back to breed, a couple or three flyer bream, and right at dark, two fine yellow looking bullheads. So, I'm restocked with bait but can't find anyone to go with me tonight. I guess I will watch the baseball NL championship game, and plan to go fishin' tomorrow as the weather is supposed to inclement tomorrow too. Rain and cold don't scare Team Hardcore, but it's hard to manage a drift by myself, especially putting in after dark.

Bill in SC

6. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    I'am glad your grandaughter is ok. At least you did get to go fishing, even tho it was just bait. I had to work in that mess last nite. I all most got the feed truck stuck in the mud last nite. I turn in to a farm drive off of hwy 145 in between morvin and chesterfield. As soon as i got the truck off the road it stop, the trailer was still in the middle of the hwy. My nerves were startin to cut up. It took smashing the pedel to the floor in reverse and turning the steering wheel back and forth. I finally made it out.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well, I still haven't gotten to fish, but I did go and catch more bait today. I caught some roaches (shiners) that were over a pound, and a bunch more bream. Woulda' gone fishin' by myself but there was NO wind and I can't operate the trolling motor and fish too. It's most difficult to find anyone to go fishin' in this rough weather. I guess I need to get back on the river, but it cost me more to go there, and... it's been about to dry up for the last 4 days. I'm going to try and fish tomorrow, come hell or high water!

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwisweb/data/img/USGS.02130561.01.00065.2009.20091008.20091015.0.0..gif

At least I can fish the river by myself, anchored up.

Bill in SC

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Bill, I've been staring at my tank wanting to fish too. I'm gonna do it tonight..its gonna be cold but I cant just sit here any longer.

Tonight's catfish menu will be baby bass and crappie ; )~

-Jim-