Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
bigjmm,
Well, I’m still around but I’m hardly more than a blip on the radar.
Where about are you from?
And, more importantly, where do you fish?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am from Tilden and I fish all over the state. Mainly north central Nebraska to Central Nebraska and northeast and South East ish Nebraska

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Well, I know that territory fairly well! I lived on a farm south of Norfolk for 65 years and I think I have fished every square foot of water in Madison and Antelope counties, at one time or another. The Elkhorn and Missouri rivers are wonderful places to fish and hold some surprises. A close friend lives just west of Tilden and he and I used to spend a fair part of out summer fishing the Elkhorn. Walking that river on a hot, summer day and casting shiners into the nooks and crannies is about as close to Heaven as any place I know.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish it was that way now you can't get on a good stretch of river to save your butt

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Bigjmm,
We would just wade the river. As long as you stay in the water or water way you’re not trespassing...at least we were never hassled. A good kayak, with a trolling motor could put you on some really nice spots and carry your gear too. You could put in at the city park in Neligh and take out at Tilden. Sounds like a great way to spend a day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts