This burns me up

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Sep 20, 2009.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Folks,I have noticed that an increasing number of POLLS are getting hits from members that dont seem to have the intestonal fortitude to post as to just why they feel that way. Please,If you got the nerve to poll,just make a simple post as to why you feel that way. It really aint brain surgery. :wink::angry::angry::angry:

2. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well said....I think most are afraid of the backlash you get from the bro's here if your not on there side...

3. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    That's what it is I think. If I answer a poll I usually make a post, but I can see sometimes why someone would not, especially in H.I. This isn't H.I., but sometimes disagreements occur between a member and the majority of the people sounding off, especially on hot topics that regularly come up. We are a community of many after all and some will have differing views on things that are cut-and-dried to others. I think it says something good about the great people on this site that we can have clean, intelligent conversation about things we care about without it devolving into bickering, and we can thank the mods for that, and the rules. Just my 2 cents.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Man that sure is wimpish. Use the poll and wimp out on posting because somebody might not agree and have the guts to say why they don't agree.

What is the world coming to?

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Richard I think you should make a poll question on how you feel :smile2::tounge_out:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Gary,I'd just get umteen thank you's,poll and not many posts :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If I hit the thanx button on your post its cause I meant it. That and I'm too lazy to type via hunt and peck. LOL!

8. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Do you know who Alexander Grahm Bellinski was?

The first telephone pole.

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree with ya Richard. If I vote in a poll...I sure make a post too. I ain't SKEERED!:wink:

10. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have always been one to say what I think. Unfortunately, this has landed me numerous trips to the offices' of the upper brass at work. I have also made people mad on this site without meaning too. Sorry. If it looks like a topic that might go south, I try to keep my mouth shut. But sometimes I can't help myself. I apologize in advance for any feelings I may accidentally hurt in the future. On the positive side, people may get mad at me, but they know which side of the fence I'm on. I am not impressed with people that sit on the fence and check to see what the popular opinion is and then pick the side of the majority.

11. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ummmm. Do you mean "Intestinal" fortitude? I bet there are just as many members on the BOC that also feel if fellow brothers need to start/reply to post....... to have the "Intestinal Fortitude" to check their spelling before posting. ;)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  12. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Richard you should start a poll about polling!!!LMAO!!!!!! I bet they would answer then!!!!:smile2:

13. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I use a 10 foot water eagle most of the time and i got a few ugly stik cat rods 7-8 feet...other than that yall dont need to worry bout my pole:wink:

14. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Oh crap...are we being graded now ??...I hope not or I'm in trouble ; )

15. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Lmao..I quit worrying about that when I got out of school.:roll_eyes:

16. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
  17. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Richard, gotta agree with you. If a man's cajones are big enough to think it they should be big enough to put their name on it. Stay safe and remember, BS ain't nothing but chewed up grass!!!:wink:

18. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I'm probably guilty of not posting why i voted one way or the other if I participated in a poll on here. But it wasn't for fear of backlash why i voted one way or the other. most likely I didn't have anything of interest to say or be opinionated about the given poll. I never given it any thought that it would be looked at in a negative way if I didn't also make a post as why I voted. I'll try to do better in the future, I guess if I don't have anything to say about the poll, probably best to hold off on voting in a given poll, respectfully.

19. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Yep, me too. I'm probably guilty of answering a poll, and not posting or not taking the poll and making a post. Probably cause I don't have anything to say. Sometimes I dont' understand the poll, or it doesn't apply to me. The available answers dont' fit my answers.

20. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Hmmm... if someone views the poll results, they can see who voted in each category anyway, so what the heck, why not go ahead and make a post to show your position on the issue? Besides, it'll make Richard happy!!!:wink::smile2: