This boat is gone!!!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by FireWater, Apr 22, 2008.

1. FireWater

FireWater New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have been working on my 1986 24' pontoon boat for a year now making at the time (In my head) the best fishing boat. I took every thing off and put new wood down, new outdoor carpet, new steering controls, new tires, new battery and a new propeller. And I hate this boat... Every time I make a date to go fishing something goes wrong costing me $$$$$. Just to let you know how mad I am at this boat I called the local recycle center to see how much they would give me for the aluminum. ($00.45 a pound) I was not that mad…

Now to the new boat to come, I have two kids and a wife that think this boat will need to be able to pull skier or a tube. What is the best boat for around 20K. I will be using this boat in lakes and rivers around cen. Texas. I like aluminum boats for the type of fishing I do. SeaArk is my dream boat but boy they really like them$$$. Do any of you have a river cat? If so what do you think about this? Alumacraft looks like a good boat to???

Thanks for reading and have a great day..

FireWater

2. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    I have an Alumacraft Tournament Pro deep-V. I love it. It has high sides so I really don't have to worry about the kids falling over. It also is very roomy and comfortable. Has two live wells and seats for 4 in the back. It has 150 hp so if need to pull anything it will do the trick.

3. FireWater

FireWater New Member

State:
    Texas
    What did that set you back?

4. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    Sent you a pm about the boat.

5. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have a 2006 Seaark 2072 with the V-hull. It has a 115 Merc Optimax it has no problems pulling water toys. I bought it new in Dec of 06 (left over) for $18750.00 with SS prop and 75lb trolling motor.

Attached Files:

6. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Take your time, on picking out your boat! Make a list on all the features that are important to you! You can get a REALLY nice rig for 20k.:wink:

7. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I've been looking at boats for a while and I like the xpress boats.Give them a look see.

8. Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer New Member

State:
    Ca/Nv/Az
    Might check out these boats! :wink: I've run a Storm for 5 years now--TRULY a Sport Utility of Boats!

http://www.customweld.com/

Having worked through 5 previous boats through the years--Wood, Rivets, and Glass, I/0 & 0B's--There's just Nothing that compares--IMHO!

Good Luck in your Search!

9. FireWater

FireWater New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks to all for the info....

10. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I just bought a new bass tracker proteam 175 with a 50 hp and so far i really like it. it was only $13,000.