this any good

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Catfish Jaw, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Catfish Jaw

Catfish Jaw New Member

State:
    Mississippi
  2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That is bow that i wanted for years when I was younger. I haven't heard anything bad about them.

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i hunted with a hand me down golden eagle that my uncle gave me for years.. and it killed just as many deer as the $600 king cobra i have now:confused2: i say its a good buy! :wink:

4. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A 30" draw might be a little long for a young man, such as yourself. Check with the seller and see how short it will adjust down for you. Looks like a good deal to me!

5. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    looks like a good deal but I would think the draw would be long for you. you can also call a bow show and see what it would cost to change the draw on it most bows now have bolt on pieces for different draws, if you bought a new bow some times the bow would come with a few of the most common sizes but you can still order from a bow shop.
    another option is pawn shops, some times you can run across good deals there too.
    remimber to give the limbs and string a good look over and ask some history about it when ever considering buying a used bow. and good luck!!

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I just had my draw moved from 28 down to 26 myself. Check with them and see what the draw lenghts are on that bow. If ya dont know your draw length go to a pro shop and they can measure you. Hope this helps.

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Justin! Just want to let you know. I would steer away from buying any bow from EBAY! This voids the warranty on the bows. If any thing is wrong with the bow, like limbs, cams and etc., you are screwed! Buy a bow from a reputable dealer like Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops or better yet an Archery Pro Shop. They stand behind their products and if anything goes wrong with the bow, you have the warranty to get it fixed!!

Don't get me wrong, I like EBAY. I have bought many things from this website auction, but never consider buying a bow from them. You have no idea you owned it or how bad it was abused!!

Just my thoughts and GOOD LUCK on the next bow purchase!! and yes your draw length I'm guessing is in the 25-27" range. not 30".

8. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Justin, any used bow you buy sould go straight to your local archery shop and be checked out. There is wear that you can not see just by looking at it, from my experience working in an archery shop, the only goldeneagle bow I'd ever worked on, the bushings and the axles were all worn really bad.

To repeat what the other guys have said, don't buy a bow because you like the looks or it a real good price, buy a bow that fits you in draw lenght and poundage, if you get a bow that doesn't fit you your going to have big troubles shooting it.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would suggest you buy from a local dealer so that you can get the proper fit and any future adjustments needed. Once you know what you need you can consider mail order or e bay.