This Ain't Good!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jun 4, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It has rained so hard here for almost an hour straight now, that the mulch is washing out of the flower beds down across the yard, and my garden which is in the backyard above the house on a slight hill, is now making its way down the yard as well:eek:oooh: soo much for my 47 tomato plants, etc. if this keeps up much longer! rollo

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    the rollo i know would be more worried about river conditions..lol

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    How can you think of tomatoes when you need to be thinking of a bigger flathead than FLATHUNTER'S last catch lol!!!!!!!!!!:smile2::eek:oooh:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Aaron that one is gonna be shot as well, I'm trying to think about other things to keep my mind off the river conditions from this rain, that would make me sick!:wink: rollo

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good point, i dunno whats gonna be fit to fish after all of this for a while.. maybe he can give me a handicap?:roll_eyes: rollo

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That stinks Rollo!!! Hopefully it'll quit soon. Were getting ready to get a good one here. The sun is shining and its thundering like crazy!!!:eek:oooh:
    I have no clue what the river is like here, I haven't been out of the house in 6 days.....:sad2:

7. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    it's about time to hit them lakes aint it?

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yes sir, if they stay fishable as well. I just heard certain areas have got over 4 inches of rain with another 2 possible:angry: if thats the case, there won't even be a paylake to hit!:smile2::wink: rollo

9. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Never fear .... there is more rain of the way ... Guess we will have to fish Buckeye Jason .... don't have the fluctuations there like other water around ..... garry- :eek:oooh:

10. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    go to buckeye on the weekend and you can even listen to some live music from one of the local watering holes..lol. I just checked the radar and you're just catching the front end of the rain right now...looks like they're getting it worse just south of 70.

11. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

Yep ... they are really getting pounded south of I-70 ... glad I am north .... bad thing is .... I just discovered a roof leak ....... :angry::angry::angry::angry: Garry-

12. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Seems like we just can't get a break this year, it's either a cold front or excessive rain. Around here most of the lakes will still be fishable as long as we don't get a cold front along with the rain. Charles Mill will probably be way high and muddy though.

13. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well at least if we can't fish ... we will have plenty of grass to mow ...... :angry: Garry-

14. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Garry,
    Now that really makes my day!!!:sad2:

15. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i was heading home frome work tues. night and they said that wilmington had 4-5 inches between 7pm and 1am.everything is flooded bad around here.i am looking at flooded spots thinking,hey,if we dammed that.............

16. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    All the rain is crazy.The river looked good yesterday eveing.But the wife said .I better get alot of sleep.Do to I am 30 yards be hide .Garry Your right the grass isgrowing a inch per hour.An the river is rising fast.WHAT STRESS!

17. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know I'm glad this is over two nights of hiding in the basement with the family and pets is getting old quick. I guess I should be thankful though we suffered no damage other than a few tree limbs.

18. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey rollo, it could be worse, you could have picked this week for your first vacation in 3 years like i did......Hmmm, so far I fished Sat night ( 10 lb flattie)and since then have cleaned gutters,chainsawed up several big limbs that fell durring the storms ,bushhogged half the place, been working on flooded basement for 2 days now and the only hope I have is for the rivers to crest and drop enough for me to get out Sat morning..... Yeah, great vacation.......:angry:

So go ahead, blame me, its all my fault, sorry guys....
    Salmonid

19. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Luckily I made it out wish nothing more then a tree branch falling on a Ford Ranger that just bounced off with no damage. Lucky I know!

20. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Whheeeeeeeeee ..... Mark I am sure glad you stepped up and took the blame for the weather .... ever since I moved back to Ohio from Florida last fall the weather has been terrible and all of my friends and family have been blaming me ..... Thank you for lifting this burden from my shoulders .... :roll_eyes::eek:oooh::wink::smile2:
    Garry-