Third fishing trip of the year - caught a flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by bigfish, Mar 30, 2006.

1. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    well ducain and i went out today. we got to our bait hole {shad were there on the 19th}. no shad to be found, well i netted a big ole branch, and while trying to get it out i happened to see one shad fall out of the net back into the water:crying: after about 5 or six more casts i told ducain one more time in the deed and i guess well go home. well i netted one baitfish. so we said lets give it a try for about 30 min. i got skunked again. but youll have to wait for ducain to give ya the rest of the story.

2. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    that sucks. i have had that happen to me to.

3. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Don't feel bad I went out the other night and couldn't find a chub anywhere. I ended up wasting so much time looking for bait I didn't even get to go fishing.

4. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    oh i wasnt saying that we didnt fish. that one blue gill had a bad day. ducain took the head and i took a slab. leaving enough for each of us to bait up one more time if we had any luck.

5. Ducain

Ducain New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I'll try to get the pic up, but the upside is that I caught a 5 or so # flattie on the head of that one bluegill that BigFish managed to net.

Water was 48 degrees.

A flathead...in WV...in 48 degree water...in March.

Ya baby. :)

6. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    well we went out again today. this time after about 15 or so casts i netted about 20 shad in one throw. but i got skunked again.

7. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i went to my usual bait hole with my net and didnt get anything either, it was really weird!

8. Ducain

Ducain New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Fortunately, while he was busy messing around wrapping his lure around trees, I was getting the job done.

*points*

Hehehehehehahaheheeee

*runs*

9. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    yea yea i hear ya. i been tryin to send you pictures but it dont seem to want to work yesterday or today. and i did forget to tell on you so i will now. guys hes been catchin ba$$.

10. indiana_fishin

indiana_fishin New Member

State:
    Indiana Baby
    Boys this is my first year using a castnet+shad.Even though i get bait ALMOST everytime,i ALWAYS get skunked so it seems down here im havin ur same problem just flipped around a bit