Thinking of

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by plumbertom1, Jun 22, 2007.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    making a trip to Oklahoma to visit some family that moved there from Ca. to the Noble area close to Etowa, a few years back. An Aunt has a cabin on T-Bird lake I believe, and I was thinking of doing some fishing while I am there. Can anybody give me information on license requirements and Fishing that lake?

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

go here
    and scroll down to the "2007 NR Fish (5-Day)" in the left column...that is your description.

then go here to purchase: https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/onlinesales/onlinesalesintro.asp

3. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Thanks Phil, looks like NR licenses are cheap in OK.
    What do you know about T-bird lake?

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i know it's full, Tom:big_smile:

there are some cats in there, along with it being a pretty darn good crappie lake. a little crappie movement now, but the cats are not biting much, from what i am told and have seen.

i am trying to get a night trip up to try some flatheads...hope to go in the next few days if the weather will give us a break...i'll let you know. i don't know of any real good places to fish from shore.

5. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Damn Phil, I guess your the only Okie that wants to talk to me. I had hopes of getting some good local info but I guess I'll just have to get it from my uncles when I get back there, if I can get them to sober up long enough to talk sense.

6. mack5522

mack5522 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    hey tom we have had so much rain here in OK. that most of the lakes are swollen huge , its hard to find a place to even get a boat on and when you do there is ether so much food in the lakes for them or they are on there beds spawning any ways there isnt much cat fish action goin on :sad2:

7. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Tom,The bite is kind of dead right now ,The catfish here in Oklahoma are sponing right now,When are ya going to be here? Hey Phill Im game for a night trip after the spon.

8. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I haven't made up my mind yet to drive that far, I'm still trying to get a feel for the trip. I tend to think my way around things and then when I do make a decision I act without much further preparation. I guess that's why so many things I do are so disorganized but it sure makes life an adventure.

9. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    LOL!

We've had so much rain this year, the rivers are at flood stage and have been for nine weeks... More rain on the way with a flash flood warning in effect for much of the state for the next three days. :eek:oooh:

Gonna be a long summer... somewhere along the line it's gotta dry out enough to start the chain saw and clear away the jungle that used to be the front yard!

T-Bird used to be a pretty good fishing lake after it went down some, but for blue cats, the real suprise for a lot of folks is Draper! The blues have grown to epic proportions on Draper Lake over the past few years. If you get the chance, put a boat on the lake and look at the topography with a depth finder. There are some huge boulders and even bigger holes in the lake that draw shad and blues.

Give it a try and then keep the secret or report on it.:smile2: