Thinking Of Trying Some New Places

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Raven Blayde, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish the Ky River every weekend and I'm about to try some of the local lakes if any of them are doing anything right now. I'm located in Frankfort and the river just hasn't been cutting it lately. Was thinking of trying Talorsville lake or maybe Guest Creek Lake, but I've never been to either of these places. Anybody catching any sizeable cats out of these places lately? Thanks in advance.

2. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    keep us posted, id like to hear how you do...im trying new places these days myself so its always fun to hear how they turn out

3. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'll be sure to do that. I took a drive down to Taylorsville lake yesterday to give the place a looking over (had never been there before). I found the dam and a couple of boat ramps close by. It's a little after 3am and I'm up and getting ready to head out and try it pretty soon. Also gonna be trying something else new today as well (bait). I normally fish with live bluegill (which I will also be using today), but I had set out a minnow trap at 6 Mile Creek to catch minnows with for White Bass and Crappy today while my cat lines are doing thier thing. To my suprise, there was not one single minnow in the trap at all. Instead, it was loaded down with small Bullhead Catfish. lol.... From what I've gathered, Flatheads and Blues will eat these things up like candy! Let's see!!

4. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    good luck! I have never used a bullhead for bait or even seen one for that matter. Are the white bass running on the lakes around there? I think Iw ould try for them before I would go catfishing...whites are mighty tasty!

5. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Taylorsville turned out to be a bummer. Fished from daylight till nearly dark and only got one bite all day (I think it was a Gar by the way it hit). I used live AND cut Shad, live Bullhead and live Bluegill. The place was infested with Shad and Carp!!! I explored the shallows, the deep areas and everything in between. I'll be heading back to my "Old Stomping Grounds" today. lol....