thinking of hitting morse

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by willybojo, Jul 18, 2008.

1. willybojo

willybojo New Member

State:
    fishers, in
    anyone done any good in morse lately? thinking about hitting it tonight. will be fishing from the bank @ the cicero bridge probably

2. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    I will be on the river tonite 10 min from morse. Let me know if you want to give it a try.

3. willybojo

willybojo New Member

State:
    fishers, in
    wish i would have checked back earlier with you. went to geist last minute with a guy on a boat (no depth finder, problems w/anchor as well) and got skunked (imagine that)! let me know next time you are going out. i live in fishers so the river and morse are just a hop, skip, and jump away. hope you slayed em out there. here is my cell

317-809-3286 bj carver

4. rairdog

rairdog New Member

State:
    IN
    You didn't miss much here. Forgot my bug spray and the mosquitoes about carried me away. Did manage a dozen crappie and some smalleys before I set up for channels. Got 3 nice shad with one throw of the cast net. Had a nice channel about yank the pole out of my hand on the first cast. I wasn't expecting it and it got away. Then it got slow and I couldn't deal with the bugs. The bite is just picking up here after the spawn. If it continues to rain they will hang around. If the river drops and stays low they will move down river to the deeper holes. I will hit it again a couple nites this week and definately next weekend.