Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
Yes it should be pretty good, they are hammering the channels there now, got a guy coming to help me dig a trench before it gets too hot this morning but will get you some information on a pretty nice motel close when we get done.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I’ve never fished it for catfish. I moved from Illinois years ago but still fish Illinois live in Missouri now. I’ve heard big catfish are in there but from what I hear nowadays it takes a skilled catman to get the big ones. Just what I’ve heard in recent years to be. Not sure if it’s accurate info or not. Good Luck there and have fun!

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
Sure Stay Hotel located off Rt. 37 just south of Rt. 154. Nice bait and tackle shop behind it that used to provide free fish cleaning stations to guest of the hotel. The wife and I used to stay there but it has been at least four if not five years since we have so management may have changed. If you are not acquainted with Rend be sure to watch the weather forecast for wind, it is a shallow lake and what may seem to be a pleasant breeze on the bank can cause swells with whitecaps out on the lake and for some reason it happens pretty quick. Twice I have been stuck in a cove because I didn't realize how rough the lake was getting and feared getting swamped if I headed back to the ramp. Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts