Thinking of going out

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by topfuelkc, Jul 15, 2008.

1. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm thinking about going out either friday night or saturday, cant decide on going to Columbia bottoms or St. charles main st. ramp. any suggestions.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I suggest not thinking about it and getting out there and doing it. Good luck fishing. :wink:

3. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well i'm going out on the Missouri tomorrow night. Going to put in at Old St. Charles of main St. Met up with a old buddy of mine that I used to fish with. we have'nt fished together in I'll bet almost 25yrs. It was great to catch up with him. we used to really slay the catfish when we were younger. I've been waitin for that river to go down so I could go fishing again. Hopefully I'll have some pic's to post after the trip. Wish us luck. Even if the fish are'nt biting real well it will still be great to fish with an old friend. :big_smile:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Now that sounds like a good fishing trip! Its always fun to go with an old friend. It don't even matter now if you catch any fish, just get out there and enjoy it.

5. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well we went out last night and it seemed that someone just turned the switch off:confused2: We gave them every kind of bait. Fisherd from about 7:00pm till about 2:00am had a great time just no fish

6. westman407

westman407 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    sounds like the luck I had on the missouri river at weldon springs the other day. Nothing! but I love it wether I come home with fish or not.

7. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    That's where I generally put in at but this time I thought I would try the Blanchette landing. I guess the river is still falling to fast I dont know I sure hope it picks up soome. maybe we'll see ya out ther sometime if ya see my boat stop by and say hey. Always like to meet and talk to catfisherman. Ive got a White 20' Waco boat.

Attached Files:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sorry ya ain't found the fish yet but ya sure got a sweet lookin ride.

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    The bite did slow down about 2 days ago, not sure why. It happens like that. The Mississippi River has been on a HARD drop for some time. There will be a rising river from Wed. thru Thursday evening, that might turn it on. Maple Island is open again also. Not sure what the Missouri River is doing. Check it out on the "Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service" page from NOAA. Just google it, don't have the link handy.

Good Luck!

10. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Put in @ Weldon Springs yesterday, except for one eater flattie it was a nice boat ride.