Thinking about the 'Tangy....

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Colsrob, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I'm not completely sure yet, but I am leaning heavily to going and giving the Tangy a shot tomorrow.

I'll need to get up a little early and see if I can net some bait somewhere, but if I can, I may not be able to resist trying.

I just need to try and figure out where I want to go. There are many places with fairly easy access, but I tend to like places that others do not dare go.:wink:

If that article is true about the cat bite getting better when the water is on the rise, then just about anywhere in central Ohio should be good to go.:big_smile:

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good luck on your trip.. Also why dont you get an Avatar pic so were not all talking to a box! :wink:

3. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Camera shy?

Actually, it's just a case of laziness.:big_smile:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree, ya need an avitar, I enjoy your post, you seem like a very good fisherman...Now we just need to see what ya look like:big_smile:

5. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I'm working on it Jack.:big_smile:

I just need to remember to borrow a camera from a family member. The only thing I currently have is my Cell phone. Those just take fairly crappy pictures, and I need all the help I can get.:wink:

If all goes as hoped Jack, I have plans on finding a boat during the winter. One that is not as big as my 20' Bayliner(heavy), and that can successfully be fished in the Scioto and other smaller, shallow rivers. If I can make that happen, you can count on me making a trip your way, with an open invite to come aboard.

6. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Ya know, I created this thread for a different purpose than the course that it has taken. Strangely enough, work and weather have acted in conspirace against me, and I have yet to make it the river.

I was supposed to be off tomorrow, but I got a call today form a co-worker, asking if I wanted to help out on a job. The money is too good to pass up, but the day should be a short one, so I hope to give it another shot in the afternoon. I just hope I can find some decent bait on the Tangy to make things easier. I'll probably be trying my luck in the King/5th Ave area.

I sure hope this wind backs off. It'll be better for work, and for fishing.

7. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Well, it wasn't pretty, but I did manage to get to the Tangy for a couple of hours yesterday evening. If the "wasn't pretty" comment didn't give a clue as to how it went......:big_smile:

2-2 1/2 hours....took my nephew with me.....we(he) got a couple of hits....it was easy to tell what the hits were from. Yup, that's right.....Turtles(TKO!) My clickers, nor my rods, made a peep the whole time. I can't say that I was extremely pleased with our location though. I would really like to have a boat to get out there and find some better spots.

I have a friend that doesn't fish, but he does Canoe...and has 5-6 of them that he said I can borrow anytime I want. Never cared for the idea of trying to fish for Flats from a Canoe, but i'm about to break down and give it shot. Although, I would have to paddle it....he doesn't use motors.:big_smile:

Oh, I also tried to net some shad while there. Tried 3-4 different locations and came up empty handed on all of them. I was a bit pressed for time, so I need to get there a bit earlier next time and look for a 'shad hole'.