Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that I live in Tucson, the closest lakes are approx 1.5 hours away(all 3 of them), and the good lakes are 2.5-4 hrs away. limited to Bluegill, bass, channels and one lake near here has flats. I would like to move somewhere where I could do a variety of fishing somewhat nearby. What town or city would you guys recommend for the best fishing? I just want to get any ideas or pointers where to start looking. Thanks.:glasses-cool:

· Registered
324 Posts
North or South East Texas would be a good bet. Lots of lakes, Lots of CAT's to catch.
Now if you just like to fish AND look. Then by all means go to the hill country. Prettiest girls wearin next to nothin to look at all day on the water.

· Registered
835 Posts
byron, i can't believe you would look. the best fishing is east texas, north to southeast. you have every kind of fish to go after. the sandbass and hybrids, with some striper lakes and all in that area area are good catfishing and fairfield even has reds. palestine is centrally located and 1.5 hrs to a lot of excellent lakes.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
as long as your east of lubbock by atleast an hour or so you should be in a fishable area lol out there in west texas ya get dust dust and more dust followed by cotton fields and yet more dust when your in the lubbock or far west texas area but there are guys from all over the state that could probably show ya a spot or 2 i like any areas near lake tawakoni the trinity river or the brazos rivers well i say the brazos but ya have to be careful around there as possum kingdom aka pk and lake whitney and lake granbury as they have golden algae on these lakes which produces a massive fish kill when there is high water during the winter or extreme low waters

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.