Thinking about it.............

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by whisker maniac, Jan 2, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Thinking about going to the old river bed this afternoon and takin a look around and maybe wet a hook for a while. Haven't been fishin in quite a while. Got some skips out and some deer liver thawing now.

I know there are some big fish there but have never been able to get them to hit nothing but maybe this time will be different.

In the spring I'm going to put some trot lines out there. I know I'll catch some good eaters out of there on trotlines.

Even if I don't get a bite at least I will get out and it is a nice day to be out and in a nice peaceful environment.

2. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    Whisker me has fished the Arkansas a couple times and me feels what you're saying. I saw many a good spot on that huge river that looked like catfish heaven, you will be sore pressed to fish all of them but man those trot lines and stuff will hook a lot even when you aint around!!

Hope to see some pics of this ifn ya get time!!! Good luck bro!

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    kev if you saw tops post bout the skips in the discharge i'll tell you sumpin else.any time the skips are there the cats are to.my best at the discharge is onlt 31 lbs.but its good fishing for eaters.

4. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Hey, Johnnie jtrew says them cats at the outlet, in the winter aint edible. Says they are "mushy", is that right?

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ONLY IF YOU LET THEM SET IN A COOLER OF ICE FOR A DAY OR TO OR IF YOU FREEZE THEM FOR TO LONG.IVE FOUND THEM TO BE FINE BUT I ONLY GO FOR A DAY AT A TIME AND ONLY KEEP WHAT IM GOING TO EAT IN A DAY OR To_Ooops sorry bout the caps.didnt notice till i had it wrote.