Thinking about braving the cold ..... anybody game?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Nov 17, 2008.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I'm open Tuesday and Wednesday night after work. Thinking about heading on the river. Does anyone want to partake?

I think the low is 30, so that's not too bad.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Goodluck to you bro... I would if I was closer:wink: rollo

3. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Let's go ratman. My treat. I'll even lug the anchor and catch the bait. You just need to reel in the fish.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Man, I would be all over that if only I could reel in a fish! This sling on my right arm still has me handicapped as of now!:confused2: I can't wait to lose this damn thing! I hope you get out there, make sure to get plenty of photos so I remember what those fish look like..:sad2:

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    That's easy then. I'll reel in the fish for you as well. You just need one arm to take "our" pictures. Problem solved.

Cobbles or CB?

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    LMAO!!!

I'm game, unfortunately my warden, aka Mrs Rat, has laid down the law as far as me getting on the river in my current condition...my last surgery I pushed it and ended up tearing open the incision and blead all over the place...ask Ryan or Chris, they were there!:roll_eyes: After that happened, she wasn't all that happy with me and refuses to back down on the subject....something about I don't know how to take care of myself :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::tounge_out::wink:

Soon young grass hopper, soon...

7. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    It really wasn't a pretty site!:eek:oooh: However, if my memory serves me right, you still managed to reel in the biggest blue of the trip.

8. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I knew something was fishy (pun intended). Mrs. Rat is the culprit. Ratman, at some point you are going to have to draw a line in the sand. The wise man A. Tippen said, "You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything. You've got to be your own man not a puppet on a string."

You need to set a precedence now. It lowers expectations.

In case you were wondering, my wife is out of town Tues. and Wed. -- hence, the kitchen pass.

9. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    greg this is very tempting.....i was going to duck hunt wed morning since i don't work on that day but now you got me thinking about fishing. i just removed the rod rack off my boat and installed the duck blind....thanks alot greg:wink:

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Rats boss is correct. A healthy man has little chance of surviving a dip in the river in cold water conditions. He should wait till he can regain use of his arm. The lady cares Rat. My X would have said Oh Yeah go fishin then get the insurance papers out to see if drowning was a good claim

11. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    LMAO,Bob your X and mine must have been the Same Women,A Bad Penny to be sure!!!! Heartless to say the least,Only thing I can blame that Marriage on is that it Had to have been the Old Crow Whiskey I drank back in them days.I learned My Lesson well now it's Only Crown Royal and Coke.:wink: J.D.

12. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    That was short sighted of me. My apologies to the rat and his better half. A live rat is better than no rat.

So, Bob, does this mean you are volunteering? A trip out in the boat with one of the legends would sure be a treat. It could be an early christmas present of sorts. I'm getting fired up just thinking about it. What time and where?

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Bob likes the Missouri river, so get ready to fish it if you head out with him. Unfortunately, there are no fish in that river! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Alright. The Missouri river it is. Now, we just have to lock in a time. Bob, what time do you want to meet?

15. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I would be proud to fish with you sir. Unfortunately my deer hunting skills seem to have gone awol. I still have not killed a deer. I simply cannot go a year without killing at least one. As soon as that mission is accomplished I will be only to happy to spend a DAY on the river with you.They are not holed up yet anyway so in a week or so I will be available and hopefully they will be too. Ahh, I assume there will be no flowerdy shorts in late November or early December.

16. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Bob, that would be outstanding. I will take you up on the offer.:wink: If I have to wait until you kill a deer, so be it. It's worth it. Especially when it involves the "alleged" holed up blue cat. If a "dog" will help you with process of filling your tag, you know driving them to you and all, please advise. I will stomp through any brush.

Now, in regards to our trip, no flowerdy shorts, I promise. Nothing but professional looking rubber rain gear and camo coat for me. That.......and a tape recorder.

17. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    You must listen to me Grasshopper. Video tape can come back to haunt one that has been overcome by the odiferous eminations of the skunk. As you know, the skunk is feared by the best of the best anglers.

18. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Hey Greg, you do know that Bob has an anchor that weighs like 50lbs. and he likes to move about every 15 minutes if he's not catching fish don't you? Not saying that you won't enjoy your time out with him, but you might want to get some tips from the Rat man to start bulking up while waiting for him to get his deer......:wink:

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Ahh, but there ARE many Cottonwood Trees that mark great spots. :smile2:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

Oh, but Ol Wise One, Surely you havnt forgotten the powers my little friend has. He can rid your vessel of the ugly odiferous one. :wink:

[​IMG]