Think this boat seat would work?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by pamlee101, Jul 1, 2007.

1. pamlee101

pamlee101 New Member

State:
    carrollton
  2. Bootheel Waterdog

Bootheel Waterdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I should use these in my pontoon rebuild project. Oopps just one will put me over budget though.

3. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Guess this must be for the rich as I will just have to fish on with out one...:crazy:

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    That is a cost affordable chair. Fighting chairs often exeed 8000 dollars and go up to 12,000 dollars
    The only thing keeping that 1000 pound class blue marlin from dragging you to implosion depth within a matter of seconds is the CHAIR.
    The rod is attached to you, you are attached to the chair.:crazy:
    Fishing for the not feint of heart.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Just a little piece of trivia.
    North Carolina has 5 recorded catches of blue marlin exceeding 1000 pounds.
    One of those was fought by a woman.:big_smile:

If you've never done it you have to do it atleast once in your lifetime.
    You havent fought a fish until you fight a marlin in the 400-600 pound class. Depending on tackle some of these fish take 4-8 hours to get to the boat for tagging.
    Your trip wont be soon forgotten as you'll feel that fish the following week everytime you move.

If I had the wealth thats all I would fish for.
    Its the ultimate in man versus fish, its also dangerous in many ways from injuries sustained from equipment failure, rapid dehydration, to being jerked out of the boat.

6. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, look at the bright side. if you dont catch any fish.. you could always get your hair cut!!

7. pamlee101

pamlee101 New Member

State:
    carrollton
    i know there is a need for chairs like this one and have seen some that cost even more. guess i have just been looking at boats on the rivers here so much it just struck me as funny that it is considered as designed for "small" boats. shoot, it costs more than our sylvan and that's not counting shipping. and not even a a soft comfortable back to lean against while waiting for the big one to bite.

it would take a great deal of fortitude to go out and do the kind of fishing this chair was designed for. i envy people who can do that. i am too chickenhearted for it. ohio river gets too rough for my tastes at times. no way i am going out on the ocean.

Mark, i am origianlly from NC. little community close to goldsboro called grantham. really miss that eastern nc bar-b-que. think you could send me some?

ya'll have a good one

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'm about 25 minutes out of Goldsboro up just the other side of Bentonville battlegrounds.
    You prefer Wilburs or White Swan?

One thing about those chairs. They aint settin chairs. You dont see many folks sitting in one unless they are conducting business.:big_smile:

I prefer the ocean. Mother nature is a powerful thing.
    Trolling 80 miles off the boat is the only thing between you and mother nature. That is a sport in itself especially when all of the elctronics go down and the compass is spinning like a top.:crazy:

9. pamlee101

pamlee101 New Member

State:
    carrollton
    hmmm... never been to white swan. mst have come after i left. wilbur's is good. scott's was the best though.

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    White Swan has been around since the birth of Christ but its in Smithfield. White Swan is now selling franchises.
    I really prefer White Swan but even it isnt as good as it used to be.
    Alot has to do with pork production these days. Lean hogs are no where near as good as a slop fed hog.

Wilburs is alright but I dont care for wood cooked BBQ.
    They have gotten where they give you a plate of tater salad and a side of BBQ.

The absolute best eastern NC bbq you'll just have to come to the house for a visit. I think the Johnson's have it perfected and the cooker is well seasoned, a must for good pork bbq.

11. pamlee101

pamlee101 New Member

State:
    carrollton
    well that explains it. never spent much time in smithfield. my dad and uncle cooked pigs my uncle raised. just enough fat to flavor it good. but uncle bill died years ago. my father this past feb.... and mama has been gone 5 years this july 4th. so doubt i will ever be in nc again.

next time ya'll have a pig pickin' eat some for me ok?

ya'll have a good one.
    pam

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    How about , you are invited?:big_smile: